startup problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support

lpfanton -> startup problem (5/15/2006 8:27:26 PM)

Hello,

I can't launched on my PC (AMD 64, WinXP Home, Mcaffee antivurus, ), the game. I received a black screen with this msg "Impossible d e determiner le type du peripherique ŕ partir de l'extension du nom du fichier donnče" means I think " the extension of the file is not recognize" after I click on OK I receive an other error msg "no MCI device open".. Any idea ?

CapnDarwin -> RE: startup problem (5/16/2006 12:46:58 AM)

lpfanton,

Sounds like it can't open either the startup AVI files or the initial sound file. My money would be on the AVI's. IF you open the Flashpoint Germany folder you will see 3 AVI files in the folder there. Try running the AVI by double clicking and see if it works from there. If that fails, you should be able to rename the .avi to .bak or move those file to another folder and start the game. I believe the code looks for the avi's but will bypass them if they are not found. I'll check with Rob tonight on that. Also, there may be a file called FPG_Report.txt, if you can post that we can check more exactly on the nature of the failure.

Good Luck and let us know what you find.

lpfanton -> RE: startup problem (5/17/2006 12:30:01 AM)

YESSS .. Perfect.

I've renamed the avi file and now I'm going too lose battles but that is an other story.

Thank you for your help.

CapnDarwin -> RE: startup problem (5/17/2006 1:26:53 AM)

lpfanton,

Glad to hear that you are up and running. As for losing battles, you can help yourself out by using cover to advance, NATO has a range and thermal sight advantage so use smoke when you can to hide your units and get kills at long range. Once WP tanks get close their numbers can quickly overwhelm NATO units. Save your aircraft for as long as you can and look to kill enemy AD units to give those flyboys a better chance of getting in and out of the battle. Minefields can be a good thing to create choke points and gain some kills. I like to block major bridges myself or drop a line in front of a major body of advancing forces to trip things up.

Happy hunting!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI