Sound Problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

NYM86 -> Sound Problems (5/16/2006 11:38:21 PM)

Shaun I have to say that overall this is a masterpiece! It brings back to mind those Micro League Baseball days. With that said I am experiencing some problems with the sound. I know there is supposed to be crowd noise, organ music, etc. But the only thing I hear during gameplay is the last part of the national anthem. The cracking of the bat is absent also. It is a small thing, but it does take away somewhat from the atmosphere. I don't know if others are having the same problem, but I thought I would alert you. Thanks again for the laborious hours you are spending with this product.[:)]

puresimmer -> RE: Sound Problems (5/16/2006 11:46:03 PM)

Make sure you have the latest sound card drives installed. PureSim uses DirectX for sound. Another useful thing to help diagnose might be running DXDiag (see sticky at the top of this forum)

Sonny -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 12:01:44 AM)

I had the same problem. I just turned up the volume and all was cool.[8D]

puresimmer -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 4:19:55 AM)

NYM,

Any luck?

KG Erwin -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 5:44:13 AM)

I had the same problem with in-game sounds, and here's the solution: if you use Windows Media Player, open it and go to Tools/Options/File Types. Click WAV OFF. Now your default sound card will play the in-game wavs.

Amaroq -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 6:02:02 AM)

I also saw this problem once with the release candidate, but closing the application (PureSim) and restarting it was enough to fix the problem for me.

rayrat -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 6:04:29 AM)

That seemed to do the trick for me, too.

puresimmer -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 6:06:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rayrat

That seemed to do the trick for me, too.

I thought you could not run the game?

rayrat -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 6:46:33 AM)

I can run it on my Dell laptop, but cannot on my Dell desktop.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 9:48:47 AM)

There was one other thing...I switched on the option "Enable system speech" and I lost all other sounds. I switched it back off (more annoying than a nice touch, tbh) and all my sounds came back.

Sonny -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 1:20:51 PM)

Now that I think about it, I got out of the game and turned up the volume once I restarted.

NYM86 -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 8:33:06 PM)

I downloaded the latest version of DirectX, and I also disabled the wav file for WMP. But, it still isn't working. But, I think I know what may be wrong now. I noticed that in the images folder the in game sounds are there. Are they supposed to be there? It seems to be that everything should be in the audio folder. By the way, when I had 2005 Gold, the bat crack always worked fine. Thank you in advance for the feedback.

puresimmer -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 8:50:33 PM)

No, they are in the correct place. All DirectX sounds live in html\images (the directory should probably be named "media")

I did not use DirectX in the past for sound, that was why I suggested we go in that direction.

Can you post a DXDiag?

NYM86 -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 8:53:23 PM)

I am new at this, how would I go about posting it?

NYM86 -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 9:16:25 PM)

My DXDiag...

puresimmer -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 9:58:44 PM)

OK, according to your directx diag it looks like you are running in a virtual machine is that true?

Also, when you ran the DirectX diag tests did you hear any sounds when it was testing DirectSound?

Lastly when you click on "Options and Utilities" from the home screen in PureSim is "Enable Sounds" checked?

NYM86 -> RE: Sound Problems (5/17/2006 10:17:17 PM)

Yes Shaun I am running a virtual PC.

Yes I heard sounds.

Yes the sounds are checked in the options screen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI