Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

PadresFan104 -> Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/18/2006 8:36:15 AM)

Hey everyone -

I've created a new website for hosting my Custom Ballpark files, but would also like to offer an invitation to anyone creating templates/logos/custom ballparks etc. to send your files to me and I can host them at my site as well. I find that it helps everyone if we keep all of these files in one place.

Here's the URL:

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/PureSimMods/Main.html

I've already posted the first file, a collection of custom ballpark files for the National League East. I'll be adding the remainder of the ballparks in the coming days, and then will also try to get the photopacks and logo packs that I have up there as well. I hope you like it, and let me know if you have any suggestions on how to make it better.

Al

jearly -> 1941 Template (5/18/2006 3:08:41 PM)

Hi PadresFan
If you drop me your e-mail address - I'll drop you my 1941 template. It'sot logos and parks and rosters, aprox 11 megs

Thanks Jeff

tbear2b -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/18/2006 3:40:14 PM)

I downloaded the ballparks (They look great and have been working well with the ball flight animation) but I no longer have sound during the games! Once the national anthem ending is completed, there is no more sound the rest of the game!

This happened only after I imported the new ballparks. Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Now I restarted the game and the sounds are back, but the ballparks are gone!

(Note: I did create a thread in PureSim support for this)

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/18/2006 6:01:37 PM)

Wow - that's really bizarre!!

I'll see if that's happening on my system later today. Thanks for trying out the files though!!!

Al

PadresFan104 -> RE: 1941 Template (5/18/2006 6:02:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jearly

Hi PadresFan
If you drop me your e-mail address - I'll drop you my 1941 template. It'sot logos and parks and rosters, aprox 11 megs

Thanks Jeff

Jeff - Just use the "Send Me EMail" link at the bottom of my website.

Thanks!

Al

tbear2b -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/18/2006 6:58:22 PM)

I think it might be a problem with all of the parks except for Turner Field, which is the default one anyway.

When I play in the other parks, I get no sound. When I play in Turner Field, there is still sound.

jearly -> Sent you the 1941 file (5/18/2006 7:47:21 PM)

Thanks for hosting it, hope some people get some use out of it.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/18/2006 7:48:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbear2b

I think it might be a problem with all of the parks except for Turner Field, which is the default one anyway.

When I play in the other parks, I get no sound. When I play in Turner Field, there is still sound.

I can't reproduce this issue. I imported one of my ballparks (Minute Maid) into a new association, and chose to watch the PSPNCast for the game and the sound worked fine. Also, I really don't see how importing a .PRK file should affect the sound anyway...

Does anyone else have this problem? Or better yet, has anyone imported these files and not experienced any sound issues?

Al

tbear2b -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/18/2006 10:00:06 PM)

I don't know if you saw my other post in support, but it seems like its working now. I don't know if it was a temporary issue with my machine or something. Whatever it was, it doesn't seem to be affecting me anymore and never seemed to effect anyone else!

Thanks PadresFan104!

PadresFan104 -> RE: Sent you the 1941 file (5/18/2006 11:58:09 PM)

quote:

No problem, I'll post it tonight (PST)

Al

jeremy7227 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 5:49:44 AM)

PF,

I have an old zip of stadiums called ParkPac used for years with BBW. It was created by the BBW community not the company so no worry reproducing for PS... There are some 90 stadiums with artwork (I use the term loosely) and corresponding txt files with the specifics of each stadium (dimensions, city, etc). If you are interested in using this to post filler park graphics for the old stadiums we don't have I'd be happy to send it along. - That goes for anyone with the time and talent to mod these into usable .prk files. The art is basic but it fills the bill.

Jeremy

PadresFan104 -> RE: Sent you the 1941 file (5/19/2006 6:49:10 AM)

quote:

Jeff - Still haven't seen the file...

Al

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 6:49:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeremy7227

PF,

I have an old zip of stadiums called ParkPac used for years with BBW. It was created by the BBW community not the company so no worry reproducing for PS... There are some 90 stadiums with artwork (I use the term loosely) and corresponding txt files with the specifics of each stadium (dimensions, city, etc). If you are interested in using this to post filler park graphics for the old stadiums we don't have I'd be happy to send it along. - That goes for anyone with the time and talent to mod these into usable .prk files. The art is basic but it fills the bill.

Jeremy

Jeremy, that would be great. Try sending it to: sixwilsons@mac.com

Al

jearly -> Resending (5/19/2006 3:18:35 PM)

Al - I don't know what happened, I sent it yesterday from work, But I'm trying again.
Sending it to your e-mail, Plus I thru in a jpg I use for Fenway. Maybe it's one you don't have.

Jeff

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 5:30:52 PM)

Hi PadresFan104...I saw your website and would like to download the 1930's-1980's facepack. Only I dont know how to do it. Can you tell me what I should do? Thanks so much...

PadresFan104 -> RE: Resending (5/19/2006 7:33:52 PM)

quote:

Al - I don't know what happened, I sent it yesterday from work, But I'm trying again.
Sending it to your e-mail, Plus I thru in a jpg I use for Fenway. Maybe it's one you don't have.

Jeff

Jeff... Hmm... maybe it's the file size. Try sending it using "sendthisfile.com" to the sixwilsons@mac.com address. That should do it.

Al

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 7:35:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacmar

Hi PadresFan104...I saw your website and would like to download the 1930's-1980's facepack. Only I dont know how to do it. Can you tell me what I should do? Thanks so much...

jacmar - To download the facepack from my website, just click on the "Download" button. Once it's downloaded, double-click the file to open it, and extract the "Faces" folder into the c:\Matrix Games\Puresim Baseball 2007\mods folder.

Al

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 7:45:16 PM)

Thanks...Ill give it a try and let you know...

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 8:47:10 PM)

I downloaded the facepac and extrated it to c:\Matrix Games\Puresim Baseball 2007\mods folder. When I tried playing a game, I still couldnt see any photos. Am I supposed to do anything else. I played a couple of games, but didnt see any photos.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 9:24:57 PM)

Sorry yes, you need to tell the game that you would like to use the photos in your association. From the Association Main Screen, choose Options and Utilities and click the Auto-Assign Player Photos button. If you've put the files in the right place, this will do the trick.

Al

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 9:30:26 PM)

I tried doing that after I started a league, and when I continued playing, the photos still werent displayed. Is this supposed to be done before a league is started?

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 9:33:44 PM)

Do you know what I would have to do to set up an old time great teams league with teams from the 30's to the 80's? I tried using sandbox mode, but when I went to the next screen, all I saw were minor league cities. I want to play a league with the real teams from different eras. Can I do that? Thanks...

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 9:36:34 PM)

When I tried asigning the photos, a box came up saying process complete...0 photos were placed...Not sure why it isnt working...

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 9:45:58 PM)

In Windows open up the c:\Matrix Games\Pursim Baseball 2007\mods folder. Make sure you see a folder called "faces" Make sure that this folder has a bunch of sub-folders called 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, etc....

The 1900, 1910, and 1920 folders will be empty, but the folders 1930 through 1980 should have tons of .jpg files in them.

If that's the case, then it *should* be working... I've added a picture below to help you see what the file structure should look like.

Al

[image]local://upfiles/17663/17295192D1EB4141BB8DB1D7A5CED4FC.gif[/image]

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 10:10:24 PM)

I remember seeing the faces icon...I clicked the 40's and saw numerous rows and colums of photos. I do believe I have it, but I cant seem to get it to work with the game.

jacmar -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 10:27:52 PM)

I found an icon saying "faces" and another next to it saying "readme"..So I do believe I have it...But the photos arent working in the game...

JudgeDredd -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 10:54:47 PM)

Excellent work. The new parks really add to the game...makes a change seeing a different park. Good work and thx.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 11:18:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacmar

I remember seeing the faces icon...I clicked the 40's and saw numerous rows and colums of photos. I do believe I have it, but I cant seem to get it to work with the game.

Ok, but please make sure the "faces" folder is inside of the "mods" folder just like I showed in the image above. I think this is probably the problem.

Al

PadresFan104 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/19/2006 11:18:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Excellent work. The new parks really add to the game...makes a change seeing a different park. Good work and thx.

Thanks!

Taz0713 -> RE: Announcing my new PureSim Mods Website! (5/20/2006 1:50:05 AM)

Hey Al,

I am having the same issue with regards to the face pack that I downloaded. I downloaded the facepack from 2005. I have them in the correct directory, but when I do the auto set up on the faces I have zero attached.

I am wondering if the game is pointing to the wrong directory looking for the faces. If you read the auto assign language in the program it states that it will look at Puresim 2005\mods\faces folder. If this is the case then it is not going to find the face pack, as they reside in Puresim 2007\mods\face folder.

I could be wrong, but it is a thought. I would love to use the auto assign otherwise I will be doing it by hand.

Thanks,

Randy

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI