What I'd love to see (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

orton1227 -> What I'd love to see (5/18/2006 9:57:42 PM)

is the batter's nameplate on the field on the appropriate side of the plate, instead of just the fielders. it fits my mind better i guess. I always look to the plate first to see who's up, forget that there's no namebox, and then remember to look at the corner of the screen. i'd be interested to see if it's just me who's weird, or if others do this too.

tbear2b -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/18/2006 10:02:26 PM)

I do it too, although it's not that big of a deal to me. I don't know much about coding, so I don't know if it will affect simulation times at all to do it.

orton1227 -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/18/2006 10:02:43 PM)

Also, I'd like to see a box like the in-game lineups that displays their current game stats as opposed to just season stats. So it could say 1-4 2B, if a batter's one for four with a double, or 0-4 3K if they had three strikeouts, etc.

JudgeDredd -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 10:51:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: orton1227

is the batter's nameplate on the field on the appropriate side of the plate, instead of just the fielders. it fits my mind better i guess. I always look to the plate first to see who's up, forget that there's no namebox, and then remember to look at the corner of the screen. i'd be interested to see if it's just me who's weird, or if others do this too.

I do this. Even though I'm new to Baseball, I keep looking at the plate to see who my batter is, seeing the cathers name and thinking "I don't think he's mine", then looking to the side. Still looking, even after a few games...but it's no big deal...I need to look to the side anyway to see the stats....so no biggie.

NYM86 -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 11:30:52 AM)

That is a good idea Orton. I would like to see in game stats too. I remember the old game Hardball used to have in-game stats like that, and it really added to the realism. I hope that this can be added in the game.

Sonny -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 12:31:00 PM)

I too look to the plate to see who the batter is. It would really be a nice touch. We have ball flight (which is a great improvement BTW) so spruce up the display with the batter in the box.

jacmar -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 5:01:51 PM)

I have to agree guys. Its just instinctive to look at the plate and see who is up. I also noticed that when my team is batting and my pitcher is due up late in the game, I have no idea how many pitches he has thrown. Does anyone know how to see this when your team is batting?

Sonny -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 6:02:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacmar

I have to agree guys. Its just instinctive to look at the plate and see who is up. I also noticed that when my team is batting and my pitcher is due up late in the game, I have no idea how many pitches he has thrown. Does anyone know how to see this when your team is batting?

You gotta go to the lineup and look there.

jacmar -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 6:08:07 PM)

OK Sonny...I thought I did look there but maybe I missed it. Even on the offensive lineup, it lists the number of pitches thrown by the pitcher that is coming to bat? I will check again on that. Thanks Sonny...

JimboJ -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 6:38:24 PM)

It on the lineup screen where it shows all the players at their positions on the field. Next to the pitchers name is the number of pitches he has thrown.

jacmar -> RE: What I'd love to see (5/19/2006 7:03:18 PM)

Thanks Jimbo...When I play a game later I'll check it out...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI