Wow these troops are good! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

alfrake -> Wow these troops are good! (5/19/2006 6:41:31 AM)

I had to post this because I cannot comprehend why my Mongolian troops aren't getting slaughtered. Early in the game, the allied player goofed and exposed his northern flank, letting me do an end run to Lanchow. I've held it for a while, despite his attempts to take it back, but in the last week he has really brought in the army. Yet something is gutting their assault value and I keep winning outnumbered 7 to 1! Sure I have no replacements and eventually I might run out of supplies, but so far they are kicking Chinese butt.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 06/06/42

Ground combat at Lanchow

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 82232 troops, 259 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2060

Defending force 13849 troops, 83 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 262

Allied max assault: 3628 - adjusted assault: 330

Japanese max defense: 264 - adjusted defense: 463

Allied assault odds: 0 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese ground losses:
685 casualties reported
Guns lost 17

Allied ground losses:
1953 casualties reported
Guns lost 26

niceguy2005 -> RE: Wow these troops are good! (5/19/2006 7:58:51 AM)

But look at the Allied adjusted assualt value. Its only 330. He must not have any supply.

Feinder -> RE: Wow these troops are good! (5/19/2006 2:40:07 PM)

He also may be attacking too frequently.

From what I've seen, disruption is almost a direct percentage off his attack strength. So a unit with 60% disruption will attack at only 35% - 45% strenght, even with ample supply and support etc.

Disruption is VERY Bad (it's why retreating units get clobbered to badly on subsequent attacks).

It goes away relatively quickly if you sit for about 4 days. But if he's continually shock attacking, he's just impaling himself. An attacking force that ends up attacking at 0:1 odds, gets a lot more disruption than an attacking force whose attack ends at 1:1 odds (and less if it is 2:1 etc). On top of that, shock attacks are more disruptive. A shock attack 0:1 is very, VERY disuptive. If he doesn't sit for a few days to recover the disruption, you won't have to kill his army, he'll do it for you.

Supply, disruption, fatigue, morale, exp, prep-levels, support, forts, terrain and leaders are all coming into play. If any one of those things gets out of hand, it can really drag your assault value.

-F-

niceguy2005 -> RE: Wow these troops are good! (5/19/2006 6:09:56 PM)

Good to see you around again Feinder.

jolly_pillager -> RE: Wow these troops are good! (5/19/2006 7:54:03 PM)

Their disruption *was* 10-15

The problem is supply...I tried a quick Shock attack hoping for the magic 2-1 and didn't get it but it's only a temporary problem as i currently am accumulating 1000+ points of supply in the base right behind these guys (which *should* flow forward as soon as that base reaches 2x it's requirements today).

RUPD3658 -> RE: Wow these troops are good! (5/25/2006 1:01:21 AM)

I think Lanchow is a wooded hex. You get a 3X defensive bonus for this.

castor troy -> RE: Wow these troops are good! (5/25/2006 1:06:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

I think Lanchow is a wooded hex. You get a 3X defensive bonus for this.

Isnīt a wooden hex giving you 2x defense bonus?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI