More Oddities with Importing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

dewelar2 -> More Oddities with Importing (5/20/2006 5:21:29 AM)

This is a bit involved, but here goes:

I am currently creating an association filled with players from throughout history. I wanted to import David Wells from 1995, but I accidentally imported him from 1994. Since I can only remove him by force-retiring him, I did so. I then attempted to import a group of players (10 in all) from 1995, including Wells. The importer went through fine, but at the end, it said that it couldn't import Wells. I assumed that it was because I'd force-retired Wells'94, and thus Wells'95 wouldn't work. While that would certainly suck, I would at least have understood (and complained about it, of course[sm=00000030.gif]).

Anyway, when the players were done loading, the game said that 8 players imported with 2 exceptions. I was a bit puzzled over who the other exception might be, so I looked at the player list. There, to my surprise, was Wells'95! Thus, I checked all the other players and found that, in fact, a DIFFERENT player had gone missing -- specifically, Edgar Martinez. I then went back and checked and, indeed, Wells'94 was still lsted as retired in the transaction list, so now I'm REALLY confused[&:].

Now, it so happens that, alphabetically, Martinez was the first player I imported while Wells was the last, which may be of some use in attempting to replicate this, but overall there was definitely something wrong with this sequence of events.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI