New Maps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

mikmykWS -> New Maps (5/23/2006 5:49:13 AM)

Any new maps planned for release any time soon?

CapnDarwin -> RE: New Maps (5/23/2006 2:27:27 PM)

The quick answer is no I'm sorry to say. Due to the hand drawn nature of the maps a simple map editor is not viable at this time. We are working on a less flashy looking but more user freindly map editor in the next game. Once we get far enough along with the next game we may be able to back track and try to get something workable for FPG. With only two of use programming there is more work then time right now. I'd like to see something myself to be honest. Only time will tell.

Thanks.

mikmykWS -> RE: New Maps (5/24/2006 3:20:55 PM)

Meh... Funny how that kind of stuff never comes up before you buy the game[;)]

Okay will wait and buy the next game as in generally I think FPG is great. Please take into account that your customers may want to get a bit more value then what comes in the box though

CapnDarwin -> RE: New Maps (5/26/2006 4:58:52 AM)

mikmyk,

Our testers and other folks like yourself expressed and interest in a map editor (I did too before joining the Dev team on this). A new map system is one of the focuses of the new game. We are looking to go back to the simpler tile based maps which would allow for maps of variable size and shape, and more importantly the ability for third party folks to make maps and scenarios to add continued life into the product after release. Another focus point is a better scenario editor with a more user friendly feel too. We are dedicated to supporting the Flashpoint series and community (small but growing [:D]).

Thanks.

JudgeDredd -> RE: New Maps (5/26/2006 2:53:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Meh... Funny how that kind of stuff never comes up before you buy the game[;)]

Okay will wait and buy the next game as in generally I think FPG is great. Please take into account that your customers may want to get a bit more value then what comes in the box though

ALso, this topic has been covered many times and the answer was always made clear. The maps were intricately hand drawn and, as such, no map editor.

Now, whilst I'm not "blaming" you for not knowing about these past posts, you can't really suggest the devs kept it a secret. I isn't a secret, never has been a secret and has been discussed many times in the past.

Not having a go, m8, just pointint out the facts.

FlipTrac_511 -> RE: New Maps (5/27/2006 4:50:28 PM)

While I agree that a map editor adds great value, I for one, rarely will use one as I normally find myself satisfied with the scenarios at hand. As for the hand-drawn nature of the maps in FPG, I think they look great!

As for added life from third party creators, I agree too. But again, I normally find myself satisfied with the scenarios at hand. Of the hundreds of games that I've collected over the years, I've completed only maybe a dozen of them. And the only one game I have repeatedly played after completion is Panzer General. It seems that a longer a game is, the less chance I have of finishing it. And as I get older, leisure time continues to dwindle.

That said, give me a wargame in a neat little package of maps and scenarios, like in the days of floppy disks, and I will be one happy gamer.

CapnDarwin -> RE: New Maps (5/27/2006 5:10:02 PM)

FlipTrac,

Make sure to check out the scenario pack over at the Wargamer! On of our beta testers made an outstanding scenario pack with nail biter battles.

http://www.wargamer.com/thegamersnet/

andym -> RE: New Maps (8/2/2006 2:34:10 AM)

With the advent of google earth,is there any way that it could be utilised i the mapmaking process(i realise its a bang up to date maping system,but not an awful lot has changed,certainly in the old Sov Bloc.)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI