RE: A little feedback from a newbie... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support

Viper6 -> RE: A little feedback from a newbie... (6/27/2006 8:35:06 AM)

When I said "reset" I was also refering to the EW level being set to low. Sorry if I was confusing, from what I can tell from your posts we are experiancing the same thing. [:)]

quote:

I just remembered another one too: On more than a couple of occassions, during enemy turn (or I should say, during 'fight'), I noticed my artillery unit will display a 'waypoint trail' to its designated barrage target.

Wow, that's weird, I've never seen that happen before. Have you noticed anything that seems to effect it at all, such as ending the turn with all paths showing (the "w" key pressed)?

The retreat code can be weird sometimes, we spent alot of time tweaking it for 1.1 and I don't think it is still 100% good, sometimes units that take even a small amount of arty and some losses will decide that they would be better off somewhere else - and don't take the time to think that they way they want to go is closer to the enemy ... [:'(]

FlipTrac_511 -> RE: A little feedback from a newbie... (6/28/2006 12:34:41 AM)

quote:

Wow, that's weird, I've never seen that happen before. Have you noticed anything that seems to effect it at all, such as ending the turn with all paths showing (the "w" key pressed)?

Viper, I always have 'Show all friendly wayponts' enabled (though I always have to enable it after each and every turn...it doesn't stick). So in effect, yeah, I'm ending the turn with the paths showing. Doesn't happen all the time but I can't pinpoint what's triggering it, unfortunately.

FlipTrac_511 -> RE: A little feedback from a newbie... (7/14/2006 7:34:32 AM)

Just a little follow up to my experience regarding the EW intensity resetting itself back to low:

I haven't been experiencing it at all lately.  I've moved on to a different scenario since the above issue and I think I may have discovered what was happening.

I think it has to do with my saved games.  I may have saved (or started rather) a particular game under low setting (inadvertently because I always play at med or high) and when I kept loading up that saved game it would revert to the original settings it was started (in this case EW-low) despite how I had the EW setting to medium at the front end.

Now I've been replaying a different saved game over and over and the EW setting remains where I left it at.  I gather because that's the EW level I saved it at.

I know reloading saved games are supposed to maintain settings at which they were started/saved with.  So in conclusion perhaps my error was failing to realize this fact in this matter.

CapnDarwin -> RE: A little feedback from a newbie... (7/14/2006 2:20:20 PM)

FlipTrac,

No big deal. We'll still look into things on it to make sure it is better understood then when the screens come up. It will be something we need to look at in the new game too so folks don't get confused. Keep reporting on what you see or what you think can be better. [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI