ACW Remake (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

waynev -> ACW Remake (5/26/2006 3:26:23 AM)

Frank,
I was an ardent fan of your ACW Sumter to App.
Is there any truth to the rumor that a remake is coming?
I know many are patiently waiting for an operational ACW game.
Thanks for any info.
PS. were there any late updates/patches released for the old game and if so, where might i find them.

FrankHunter -> RE: ACW Remake (5/29/2006 7:25:11 PM)

quote:

Is there any truth to the rumor that a remake is coming?

Yes, on the old website I compiled a list of changes and new features and when the current crop of new games and BoN are done I'll return to work on it.

quote:

were there any late updates/patches released for the old game and if so, where might i find them.

many many patches... I believe the last is available from Matrix and also here and there on the net. I used to have it available at my old site and lots of people downloaded it and made it available at their own so it should be around although I haven't looked. But I know Matrix had it here at one time and probably still do.

waynev -> RE: ACW Remake (5/31/2006 12:21:11 AM)

Frank,

Thanks for the response.
I can not find any Acw patch info at matrix.
Any info on where else to look would be greatly appreciated.
The latest i have is version 2.62 from 11-02 but it seems to have a very bad attrition leak for AI.
Was this ever addressed?
Thanks again for any info and i look forward to futre releases ie WWI and ACW

bluemonday -> RE: ACW Remake (5/31/2006 2:22:08 AM)

For future reference, the place to check for most patches for out-of-print games is www.patches-scrolls.de

In this case, you will find ACW patch v2.63 available there.  Search for "american civil war"

Some earlier patches not listed there can also be found at Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/americancivilwar/downloads.html

waynev -> RE: ACW Remake (5/31/2006 2:47:16 AM)

I downloaded the patch and now i can not start the game- components missing error keeps flashing

sabre100 -> RE: ACW Remake (5/31/2006 8:13:09 PM)

you can get the latest version right from Matrix Games.  ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/FrankHunter-AmericanCivilWar/

waynev -> RE: ACW Remake (6/3/2006 12:29:17 AM)

Thank You

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI