How do you primarily play PureSim? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

[Poll]

How do you primarily play PureSim?

Fictional Career Play
  37% (32)
Real Players Career Play
  35% (30)
Major League Replay Mode (Non Career Mode)
  9% (8)
Sandbox Mode
  4% (4)
I use a mix of all of the above
  12% (11)

Total Votes : 85
(last vote on : 7/21/2006 11:56:14 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

puresimmer -> How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 5:14:17 PM)

This poll is quite important for me as I prioritize the features I will be adding to updates throughout the summer.

JudgeDredd -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 5:24:50 PM)

Of course, it's very early to say. This is my first time and I fired up Real Major League Players - Career Mode and started at 1990. However, the other modes sound interesting. I haven't finished a season yet (not even a month) because I'm too busy managing each game thx to you producing such a gripping game.

cdvalenta -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 5:40:01 PM)

Here is my 2 cents:

For career play I love making fictional associations and using fictional players. I absolutely love watching an association develope its own history.

When I use real players I will just replay one season. For example, one of my favorite things to do with any baseball simulator is to replay the 1986 season. I always try to get my Red Sox back to the Series and avoid the dreaded "Game 6". I was 11 years old that year and I will never forget that team or season.

Thanks for the great game Shaun! It is like have have the best of both worlds. A game where I can do season replays AND create my own fictional leagues with my own drafts/ players/ teams.

The only problem I have is finding enough time to play!

Chris

madworld -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 7:38:30 PM)

Shaun,

I like to start with a fictional base and then mix in hall of famers as the league progresses through the years. I get the pleasure of having unknowns develop side-by-side with the "real" greats.

--Mike

redeck -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 8:05:04 PM)

I currently run Historical, but may try a fictional league next, i like to start from the begining deadball and earlier and go up to current time.

donkuchi19 -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 8:20:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cdvalenta

Here is my 2 cents:

For career play I love making fictional associations and using fictional players. I absolutely love watching an association develope its own history.

When I use real players I will just replay one season. For example, one of my favorite things to do with any baseball simulator is to replay the 1986 season. I always try to get my Red Sox back to the Series and avoid the dreaded "Game 6". I was 11 years old that year and I will never forget that team or season.

Thanks for the great game Shaun! It is like have have the best of both worlds. A game where I can do season replays AND create my own fictional leagues with my own drafts/ players/ teams.

The only problem I have is finding enough time to play!

Chris

Yeah, 86 was the year that Sports Illustrated said that my Indians had the best team in baseball before the season started. They went on to lose over 100 games. Great year to start!

I usually pick a year and start a career with real players from that year. Then I continue from then adding fictional players.

Taz0713 -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/27/2006 9:09:56 PM)

I have to admit that as I am learning how to play a new game, I tend to use real players as I can better understand some of what is going on. There is a little less worrying about players abilities to start as you already have a basic idea of how they should play. I also understand that the game does not know names, but it is a good starting point for me.

Once I can get the game figured out, I would love to run a fictional league.

I have not tried playing a historical career, but who knows in the future.

I am still learning, so right now I playing with the 2005 Cubbies.

Amaroq -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 12:37:20 AM)

I've been pretty evenly split between fictional and historical career play; I enjoy both.

rmayer32 -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 3:17:06 AM)

Been doing both though I have been doing historical career a bit more with this version then in the past.. I've enjoyed every association I've created thus far..

bigpapag -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 3:47:03 AM)

shaun

most of the time I use a fictional association with both real and fictional players. the rest of the time I try and re-play a certain year in baseball hiatory.

hope this helps

big papa g

Random Hero -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 4:15:47 AM)

I don't play fictional at all. I play from the current year forward and a historical career.

PadresFan104 -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 9:08:49 AM)

Both definitely. Here are some projects I've completed and plan to do...

- Took the Pirates from 1955 to 1958, winning the series in 58, 2 years earlier than real life.
- Created a fictional league based of the teams from the Golden Baseball League
- Replaying the 1980 Phillies
- Replaying the 2005 Padres

Tanaka -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 9:19:13 AM)

New player here as well and have just started exploring. Ive started out with real players as the 46 Yanks and plan on taking them through the years. Im having a blast right now managing every game! I traded for Bob Feller and Warren Spahn as my top two starters! I love the history and detail using real players but Im sure Ill try fictional teams at some point as well.... Im loving all the options!

JudgeDredd -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 9:44:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

- Took the Pirates from 1955 to 1958, winning the series in 58, 2 years earlier than real life.

Sorry to OT a bit, but do you not manage any games? I'm not even out of April yet in my first season...managed every game.

That said, I think it's great that Shaun has created a game that both "stats" peeps and "game" peeps can play.

redsoxfan99 -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 11:45:43 AM)

Have voted for replay mode but usually throw in one or two fictional leages as well alongside, but main interest is in the raplays.

John

Amaroq -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/28/2006 12:00:18 PM)

quote:

Sorry to OT a bit, but do you not manage any games? I'm not even out of April yet in my first season...managed every game.

I've managed every game of my current career, and am nearing the end of my fourth season. I cranked the 'simulation speed' up to as high as it would go, and turned ball animations off - its the only way to get through 162 games! It takes me less than 5 minutes per game at the moment... but its still been many hours of play!

I do slow things back down for crucial late-season games, and the playoffs, and will periodically break off into lengthy roster moves, whether its negotiating contracts, searching for trades, or re-balancing my lineup according to current performance.

PadresFan104 -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/29/2006 3:59:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

That said, I think it's great that Shaun has created a game that both "stats" peeps and "game" peeps can play.

In a single season replay, I manage every game, but in most other associations I sim a week at a time until a crucial series, then I jump in and manage.

Al

Plodder -> RE: How do you primarily play PureSim? (5/29/2006 9:06:33 PM)

I'm not a huge baseball fan(Cricket's more my game but it's growing on me[:)])but I love history and baseball reeks of it so what I really like about this game is creating a fictional history.Plus it's cool to put yourself into the game and see how you go over the years[:)](I wish cricket had a game as good as this)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI