A little bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

JudgeDredd -> A little bug? (5/27/2006 11:16:40 PM)

Sorry to harp on about this pitch count thing for the pitchers, but I can't see how it's working out right! It's either wrong, or I have been watching some seriously good batters on Channel 5.

My pitcher went to the mound (right term?) on 65 pitch count. The line came up "The 1-2 Pitch" and the batter popped up to 2nd. After this, the pitch count for the pitcher was 77!! That seems like a few more fouls than normal?? No?? Also, it's only the top of the 4th and the pitcher is on 77...seems a bit high, that's all.

I mean, at 1-2increases the pitch count to 68....so another 9 pitches before the catch? That doesn't seem right...but I am willing to br proved wrong by people who know better.

Thx

Random Hero -> RE: A little bug? (5/27/2006 11:49:10 PM)

It's possible to foul off that many pitches in an AB. Just as long as it doesn't happen too often.

If a pitcher isn't on their game, it's also quite possible to have 77 pitches thrown after 4 innings.

redeck -> RE: A little bug? (5/28/2006 4:28:38 AM)

both your situations are possible, but not the norm. its not unheard of for batters to foul off 3-4-5 pitches in an at bat, but not often. i remember a game when dave bergman fouled off i think it was 12 pitches before getting a game winning hit. i believe tht the record is about 12 or 13 maybe even 16 fouls in one at bat.

i often see the count stated as 1-2 when i attempt a steal only to see the count hiccup to 0-1 for the next play after the steal. the pitch count in PS isnt always right, im not sure its a big big deal at this time. just an anomoly, with bugger issues to fix before shawn may want to get to this.

glad to see the international interest in baseball.

KG Erwin -> RE: A little bug? (5/28/2006 8:04:06 AM)

The program keeps track of each pitch in the background, so what we see isn't necessarily correct on the counts -- this is especially annoying on stolen bases (you invariably see the count as 0-1). These are minor glitches that Shaun needs to correct.

In my in-game managing, I closely watch total pitches and fastball speed -- if your starter offers up 88mph pitches in the 1st, but gets to under 80mph in later innings, that's a red flag. Going over 100 pitches is usually a red flag, too, unless your man has an exceptional ENDurance rating (over 90).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI