I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

paulyman44 -> I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 5:33:20 AM)

I rarely write a negative response and I know the game developer put his heart and soul into this game but this game is full of bugs.  Please note that I have been playing stat based games for 36 years.  My complaints:

A)     The AI is terrible.  I am playing Houston and the same plays are run every series.

B)     I run the same play which is a split[:(] formation outside run.  What a play.  I can run that endlessly and most of the time the play wil get me 8 yards.

C)     The AI QB rarely completes a pass.

D)     I can go on but my point is made. 

E)     I have not felt this cheated since FBPRO 99 and Sierra had the decency to recall the game.  ( I stil have my copy)

F)     I also won a game 59-10. 

G)     I realize that patches are being developed but hey-if I release a product that is faulty and tel my consumers that I am working to make the product better I will gather the buyers will not be very happy.

H)     That is just one person's opinion.

Marauders -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 6:07:09 AM)

What build of the game are you playing?

Did you set up gameplans for the computer?

What type of play are you using: Indoor, American, Canadian?

nmleague -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 6:36:21 AM)

If you want better results dont waste time using the stock playbooks that came with the game.  Some of the user created playbooks give pretty good results.  And that should only get better when the next updated is release with an improve PDS and defensive logic commands.

But with that said, this is starting to drag on, alot of improvements have been made but unfortunately there are still to many bugs for the game to be a good footbal simulation.  It can still be fun, but until the next upgrade it is still sorely lacking.  I also still have my copy of Seirra FPS Football 99, David has already done a much better job of making this more playable than that game.  But even though he has been very responsive I think that being a one man production isnt allowing updates to come as fast as we would like.

David Winter -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 8:36:04 AM)

There is really nothing I can do to speed up the development of updates and patches. Although the vast majority of my spare time is spent on this project, that translates into only 3 or 4 hours a weeknight and a few hours on the weekends. There is nothing beyond that I can do. I know people want patches and new features unfortunately, I can't design, create new artwork, code, and debug, and redesign if required faster than I already am and be able to work my day job.
Many of the updates and new features being asked for, and given free in updates, are not simple to accomplish.

As for the original posters comments;
A)     The AI is terrible.  I am playing Houston and the same plays are run every series.
This would be due to the small playbooks. Many players of the game have created much larger play books with much more plays. With the small playbooks, the computer only has so many plays to choose from. Also, as Maruaders mentioned, many users have built much more extensive coaching profiles into their playbooks.

C)     The AI QB rarely completes a pass.
The #1 reason for this happening is the computer being used is not meeting the system requirements.

jcd38 -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 9:57:35 PM)

Dave, i'm glad your taking your time at this point and throughly going through adding PDS 2.0 and fixing our reported bugs. Rushing any patches out now is not going to make matters any better.

I don't know if its possible to add this, but it would be great to have defensive positions broken out into Defensive Tackle, End, Free Safety, Strong Saftey and Cornerback. As well as the ability to have 2 Halfbacks, 3 Tight Ends. This would allow play design to be more realistic. The more freedom/flexibity with play design the better. 
Thx

frunky -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 10:03:59 PM)

no matter how fast or slow the patches come out as long as Dave doesn't quit on us like Sierra quit with fbpro99 things will be okay little by little in the long run [:)]

local8h -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/30/2006 11:38:50 PM)

FBPRO was AWESOME! but this one is getting there:) thanks DAVE for the fast response, the minute i got your email i ordered the game Dl and CD :) so far i love it, a few bugs like the game hung up when both teams tried to recover a fumble and my Tight End after a while the giving  jersey number i gaved went back to its original PC assign number and also i have to assign a player on two plays i believe its the kick off return and the Field Goal Units. I love it still, my wish on this game is to have acess to print out the current season leaders  stats not just the team career stats. any how THANK YOU. 

JReb -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (5/31/2006 6:32:54 PM)

So its not there yet.  I can wait for football season this fall for a better version. There are other games to buy and play. It is baseball season so baseball it is.

It would be nice to see an update contain some expanded playbooks from what I read on this forum. This might make the game more appealing to those that buy the game and do not want to be forced to download scads of files to make it playable.

I have faith that MaxFB will get there, especially with the support of this forum. Keep the faith![:)]
I'll be taking another look towards the end of summer before the season starts. I'm a seasonal kind of guy.

Marauders -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (6/1/2006 12:53:41 AM)

quote:

As well as the ability to have 2 Halfbacks, 3 Tight Ends.

Three running backs and two tight ends will be part of PDS 2.0.

local8h -> RE: I paif $50.00 For A Bug Filled Game (6/1/2006 4:11:35 AM)

Ha Ha i will answer my own question at the stats league menu simply export it and will save it as an Excell file at folder export.Then you can open it and print it out. ok i am a newbie....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI