One Star Generals (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> The War Room

wintersmoon -> One Star Generals (5/31/2006 7:16:15 PM)

I have a few questions about 1 star generals.....

What influence do they have over their troops? 

I understand that 3 star generals can lead Armys or Corps and 2 star generals can lead only Corps.  So how much influence does a 1 star general have? 

What is the appropriate use for 1 star generals? 

If they are only useful for leading and influencing 1 division, how do you assign them to that particular division?

Additionally, what effects on the battle and influence over their troops do 1 star generals have during quick/detailed battles? 

Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Southern Hunter -> RE: One Star Generals (6/1/2006 3:20:08 AM)

1 Star Generals indeed just command a particular division. So they start attached to a division in your army at the start of a battle. If you want to move them, hold the mouse cursor over another unit when you are doing your turn for the unit they are with, and hit 'g'. The commander will detach himself from the current unit and ride over to the other unit to help (quickly ;-)

It is hard to know EXACTLY how much help they are really providing. Maybe if future games / patches have a detailed battle feedback mechanism (like a log or something, as has been discussed), then the impact will be more obvious.

In quick battles, I presume that IF a 1 star general is among your top 3 generals (only 3 count I think) then he will still contribute, presumably only affecting 1 division though. Not really sure about that though.

Cheers,

Hunter

wintersmoon -> RE: One Star Generals (6/3/2006 8:14:50 PM)

Thanks for the input.  The effectiveness and proper use of the 1 star generals was a concern.  Did you ever get to the bottom of textiles and waste?  I know you were attempting to get to the bottom of that issue.

Thanks again,  Wintersmoon

Southern Hunter -> RE: One Star Generals (6/4/2006 12:14:31 PM)

I think I understand Textiles now, mostly anyway.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI