Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 4:38:45 AM)

I'll post the next beta patch soon, but some real goodies are coming...

Here is a synopsis of the changes:

- BIG Tweak: Greatly improved time period specific pitcher usage, leading to more complete games, IP etc in eras where it was all about the starter. A lot of this revolved around an AI that was just too aggressive with the pinch hitter usage in the early years of baseball, where in fact this was VERY rare.

- BIG Tweak: No longer imposing restrictions on the number of pitchers a team must carry on the major league roster. The AI is also cognizant of this, and based on the time period it will carry an appropriate number of pitchers (e.g. in 1901 it may carry a total of 7 with 4 starters and no closer)

- BIG Tweak: Injury severity/healing duration variation greatly increased. You'll see a greater number of significant injuries and a wider range of severity in general

- Tweak: The pre-game lineup screen shows the players names color-coded based on their fatigue level

- Tweak: On PSPNCast the team info windows are always hidden when the graphical ball flight animation is playing. This can help with some ball park photos that don't match the layout of the one that ships with the game (note in a previous beta I was hiding the scoreboard as well, but decided to put that back...)

dneely -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 5:09:02 AM)

Shaun:

All I can say is.............WOW. Tremendous additions to your game!!

DNeely

VanScoy -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 5:26:09 AM)

thanks for returning the scoreboard, Shaun. And the other stuff sounds great.

Beach23BoyP -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 6:40:35 AM)

Astonishing.

yanks7 -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 6:43:34 AM)

Another reason why I'm loving this game

PadresFan104 -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 7:48:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

I'll post the next beta patch soon, but some real goodies are coming...

Here is a synopsis of the changes:

- BIG Tweak: Greatly improved time period specific pitcher usage, leading to more complete games, IP etc in eras where it was all about the starter. A lot of this revolved around an AI that was just too aggressive with the pinch hitter usage in the early years of baseball, where in fact this was VERY rare.

- BIG Tweak: No longer imposing restrictions on the number of pitchers a team must carry on the major league roster. The AI is also cognizant of this, and based on the time period it will carry an appropriate number of pitchers (e.g. in 1901 it may carry a total of 7 with 4 starters and no closer)

- BIG Tweak: Injury severity/healing duration variation greatly increased. You'll see a greater number of significant injuries and a wider range of severity in general

- Tweak: The pre-game lineup screen shows the players names color-coded based on their fatigue level

- Tweak: On PSPNCast the team info windows are always hidden when the graphical ball flight animation is playing. This can help with some ball park photos that don't match the layout of the one that ships with the game (note in a previous beta I was hiding the scoreboard as well, but decided to put that back...)

Awesome, thanks for bringing the scoreboard back.

Al

captskillet -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 1:53:12 PM)

excellent...........esp the color coded lineups............my semi-old [;)] eyes have trouble making out the color diffs on the modify roster screen.

Taz0713 -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 3:17:03 PM)

Hi Shaun,

I just want to say as a new player of the game, I have been impressed with the amount of work you have put into the game even after it has been released.  I am constantly amazed by the quality of updates in the patches.  [&o]

I am not a historical player, but I love the way you have updated the game for all types of players.

Thanks,

Randy

Sonny -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/2/2006 4:01:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

excellent...........esp the color coded lineups............my semi-old [;)] eyes have trouble making out the color diffs on the modify roster screen.

You're not alone with this. I like this feature better than all the rest.[8D]

henry296 -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/3/2006 2:52:11 AM)

Shaun,

Can't wait for the patch.

The first one will help my current career since it is 1921.

Thanks for listening to us on the injury issues. I'm really looking forward to see the impact.

Do you think we'll see it this wekeend?

galaril -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/6/2006 1:59:22 AM)

Has anyone else noticed that the homeruns and things like avg and RBI's seem to be pretty high I ran a couple of 25 year unattended associations and always saw 3-5 guys hitting over 80 hr's one guy bonds 101! Also, I seem to see alot of small market teams winning championships in one association the Expos won 6 out of 25 and the brewers 4 along with 3 by the Twins. I had the setting for the markets to be along population lines so New York and Boston which one zero WS should of been dominating. This is quite odd and I ran 4 associations of 25-35 years and the stats and champions were very similar. that being said pitching stats look great. THIS WAS WITH 1.13 So. I don't know how much stuff got tweaked in these areas. I know the XML can be tweaked but these stats sound like they are alittle out of range to start with. But, msybe it's just me and MMV.

Amaroq -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/6/2006 3:28:10 AM)

galaril - did you use the 'average ballpark' for those runs?

If not, can you look at your HR champions' ball park(s)? I'd bet a short foul pole is contributing.

Re: the 'small market teams' winning championships, in the default PureSim setup there is very little difference between a 'small market team' and a 'big market team' - IRL big-league payrolls range between 15.0M and almost 194.66M (on Opening Day this season), while in PureSim the range is much less exaggerated. So your report is not as surprising as it would be IRL.

modred -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/6/2006 3:48:51 AM)

Which ballpark is the "average ballpark?"

KG Erwin -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/6/2006 3:59:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: modred

Which ballpark is the "average ballpark?"

I think it's Turner Field.

KG Erwin -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/6/2006 4:14:38 AM)

Re: the high HR totals.   Historical eras AND ballparks play a big part in this.   To recreate a given era's HR totals, you gotta play in the parks of that time.  Back in the 40s -50s, the outfields had enormous depth.   Few HRs, but lots of doubles and triples.    Tough to manage against defensively.  Outfielders with great range and arm become very valuable.   

My experiments in the late 40s have turned out well.   The batting avgs and ERAs seem to match norms for the time. 

galaril -> RE: Big engine tweaks in the next beta patch (6/6/2006 5:16:28 AM)

Good points. I never thought about it but they associations were all 1980-2010 range and the ballpark thing could be a factor as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI