Send Files to player bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809

gazfun -> Send Files to player bug (6/2/2006 2:09:20 PM)

My friend and myself are still having problems with sending files to each other, I start the game, and send files to him, all he gets is a black screen, he doesnt not even get the password window up as the Austrian player, to enter any password. We both have loaded patches 2.1 and 2.2 so if anyone else has experienced this problem let me know, we have been on this for 6 months now, I think we should get an answer to this problem

FrankHunter -> RE: Send Files to player bug (6/3/2006 8:17:58 PM)

Hi, if you can, send your PBEM files to me at frankhunter13@shaw.ca and I will check them out.

gazfun -> RE: Send Files to player bug (6/5/2006 1:56:41 PM)

Thanks frank I will send that to you again, we had a game going for a while then suddenly the problem happened again.
Im also getting and Application error, Ill send you a jpg attached for that as well, to add to the info

gazfun -> RE: Send Files to player bug (7/22/2006 4:07:56 AM)

Frank I have a new system downloaded every patch still doesnt work, and now I cant even run the program wihtout an error problem

DEB -> RE: Send Files to player bug (7/22/2006 12:09:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazfun

Frank I have a new system downloaded every patch still doesnt work, and now I cant even run the program wihtout an error problem

Just a thought ( as I recently had a similar problem after re setting up from disk & re adding patches ), have you put the game etc. somewhere other than the "default" folder? ( The game does not like this and you must use the default folder.)
No idea's re PBEM though - never used it.

FrankHunter -> RE: Send Files to player bug (7/23/2006 4:59:07 AM)

The Application error is a sound problem I'm guessing.

DEB -> RE: Send Files to player bug (7/23/2006 6:19:13 AM)

The only one I had was, but it never stopped you accessing the game.

You just needed to switch off the sound & music ( shame ), in order to get the game to run without freezing at "hit the next turn icon" or in the middle of a battle. Sound for one & music for the other but I cannot recall which applied to which.

The default folder problem never showed an "error" during entry, but would not show you the whereabouts of the units in the overview map, and if you clicked on the overview map you got a mini black box instead, along with a error message relating to a missing path link.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Still reviewing the "old" scenarios to list OOB's. Will compare to your "new" scenarios when completed, and advise if any playing problems & provide "new" unit data.
Taking a while as Austria ( me ) keeps winning before the French ( AI )reinforcements arrive (sc. 2 ). AI not good at building bridges !!

gazfun -> RE: Send Files to player bug (7/28/2006 12:05:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEB

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazfun

Just a thought ( as I recently had a similar problem after re setting up from disk & re adding patches ), have you put the game etc. somewhere other than the "default" folder? ( The game does not like this and you must use the default folder.)
No idea's re PBEM though - never used it.

Yes we know about that one as well lol, one of the other guys did that LOL
Yes I have a Athlon Dueal Core Processor 3800+ etc with a Asus in built sound card 2 gig ram

gazfun -> RE: Send Files to player bug (7/28/2006 12:21:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

The Application error is a sound problem I'm guessing.

Yes you mentioned that :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI