Park Factors (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

verizon32 -> Park Factors (6/2/2006 7:19:53 PM)

Any chance Puresim 2007 can have park factors?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

Urth -> RE: Park Factors (6/2/2006 7:35:43 PM)

I was under the impression that park factors were built-in, through park dimensions, temperature, elevation, etc. I haven't played enough to really get a firm grasp on the results-generation model, but if homeruns, for example, are determined by how hard the ball is hit, combined with the size of the stadium and temperature conditions, then there is really no need to include a statistical ballpark adjustment on top of this.

Amaroq -> RE: Park Factors (6/2/2006 8:10:04 PM)

Uh, it does already - its in the extended team report that describes your team's Pythagorean record, shows your record month-by-month, etc.

verizon32 -> RE: Park Factors (6/2/2006 8:15:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

Uh, it does already - its in the extended team report that describes your team's Pythagorean record, shows your record month-by-month, etc.

Thanks

Amaroq -> RE: Park Factors (6/2/2006 8:28:38 PM)

you're welcome - I'm afraid its not as detailed as the one you linked. The PureSim version just gives a single number that's indicative of a hitter's park or a pitcher's park. So, there's room to improve it, clearly!

Amaroq -> RE: Park Factors (6/2/2006 8:29:31 PM)

Oh, and Urth, the PureSim one is calculated from the play results within the park, which depend precisely on the sorts of things you've discussed in your post.

Urth -> RE: Park Factors (6/2/2006 10:25:28 PM)

I suspected as much. Although it looks as if I may have misinterpreted the original post abot the park factors...I thought that he was requesting that you be able to set them as result parameters when playing in a particular stadium. I didn't realize that the request was for a park factors report. Maybe a robust park factor report could be accomplished with an "add-in".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI