Numerous Injuries (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

Lamoid -> Numerous Injuries (6/3/2006 3:26:26 AM)

I started a new league in puresim 2007.

I've played about 3 years and I've noticed that my team is getting hit with the injury bug to the point of absurdity.

At any given time at least 5 pitchers are on the dl with 4 or 5 position players and its forcing my team to be composed mostly of minor leaguers..

Some pitchers seem to be ultra prone to injury sometimes suffering from 7 or 8 injuries a year and all in different parts of their body...

Any help would be appreciated.

jono -> RE: Numerous Injuries (6/3/2006 5:03:49 AM)

This probably won't help much coming from someone who manages all his teams games but I'll give it a shot.
For my injury prone starting pitchers, I usually have at least 1 in my starting rotation for some reason, I try to pull them when their pitch count approaches their endurance number.  This seems to limit their injuies to one or two a season instead of four or five.  If you don't manage your own games I think that there is a quick hook manager setting that might do the same job.

I have seldom had a reliever injured so don't know what to tell you about them but that might be because I never put a reliever in unless he is feeling great if there was another reliever available.  It seems that the AI tends to use their best reliever game after game after game seldom using their lesser relievers.  Again the quick hook setting might help.

For position players I've had a few get injured but not often.  With Puresim 2005 I'd put a sub in the starting lineup for his weakest average against pitcher either righty or lefty as soon as his condition dropped to fair and if he was still in the lineup as he became a little tired I'd put a sub in to start against the pitcher he hit best against.  For Puresim 2007 I just sub for him as soon as he goes down to fair as playing time seems to have more effect on a players development in this version.
I think there are manager options on when to rest position players too if you don't manage your games.  One I used to use was rest player if he was a little tired or worse.

Beach23BoyP -> RE: Numerous Injuries (6/3/2006 7:08:54 AM)

The injuries have been jack-up a bit in the PS2007 XML file. You could edit them to their old behavior. Below is the way it looks in the XML file. The first line is the old values.

****<!-- <INJURIES freq=".74" freqPitchers=".76"> -->
****<INJURIES freq=".94" freqPitchers=".96">

You might try .84 and .86 ??? You can easily edit the XML using Wordpad, but be sure and make a backup copy of the original.

Beach23BoyP -> RE: Numerous Injuries (6/3/2006 9:09:49 AM)

I'm now using:

freq=".88" fregPitchers=".90"

seems about right.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI