Digitalriver not connecting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

dennisb55 -> Digitalriver not connecting (6/6/2006 5:58:23 AM)

I've tried to get to the buy now for TOAW3 but keep getting hung up at the online store:
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry17c/SID-45905/SP-10023/CID-0/PID-832786/PN-1/V1-832786/CUR-840

I've set my IE security to low and still could not get it to work. I also tried other Matrix games and could not get connected. This happened at 16:50 and now at 20:00 to 22:00CST. Any other ideas? I've downloaded many Matix games before.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Digitalriver not connecting (6/6/2006 6:08:10 AM)

Dennis,

Is it failing to start the download or are you having a problem before you get to that point? Are you running any other software in the area of firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc. that could be being over-aggressive and interfering? Have you tried using an alternate browser such as FireFox? The store is working find for the vast majority, so hopefuly we can figure out what's causing the hiccup in this case.

Regards,

- Erik

dennisb55 -> RE: Digitalriver not connecting (6/6/2006 6:33:08 AM)

I can't get into digitalriver.com from IE by any means. The last games I downloaded were GalCiv2, SC2 and WIP. I've installed Doomsday and HTTR recently. No AV programs, just the firewall in the Linksys router with default settings. Ran spybot and adaware but no help. I'll try to get to DR from work tommorrow and maybe mess with it some more tommorrow night. I know it's strange and these are the kind of problems I hate to shoot. Especially on open systems where there are no decent tools. I get the opening page status, but it never completes. I may have to try Netscape or Firefox, thanks for your help.

JAMiAM -> RE: Digitalriver not connecting (6/6/2006 6:38:59 AM)

I set my browser to prompt about third-party cookies, and almost always block them, whenever they cause the prompt to load, when visiting web pages. This has built quite a library of blocked sites, where I don't accept cookies. However, on occasion, I find that I have to go back into IE properties and allow a site to write cookies after I've previously blocked them. Do you think that you may have, at some point in the recent past, inadvertantly blocked DR's cookies?

dennisb55 -> RE: Digitalriver not connecting (6/8/2006 3:50:30 AM)

No I don't have any blocked site, and reset all the settings to default and delete all temp files. Still no good. It doesn't matter now, I was able to get to it at work, buy it and get it installed fine. Thanks for you help. Maybe someday I mess around with it, but that's the only site I can't get to..and I got to play (I mean get my behind kicked) now.......:-) Looks like this game may be the one for a long long time!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI