downloaded demo..some questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

HighandOutside1 -> downloaded demo..some questions (6/9/2006 5:26:32 PM)

First of all, let me say that I am really impressed so far. I'm the type of player that likes to manage every game and move slowly through a season. I like the GM aspect of baseball simulations, but I don't want that part of the game to become a lot of work. Challenging yes, work no. That said, I must say that the in-game experience of PS is second to none. The immersion factor is fantastic. In my perfect world I would de-ephasize the in-game font size of the player ratings and increase the font size of the statistics. Also, I would have an option that allows the computer to make baserunning decisions for me. As I see it, I'm in the dugout and I don't have much say over what my third base coach does. Finally, I would have the player range ratings, as opposed to the year, displayed next to the players in the field.

Now for some questions. I was wondering if PS rates pitchers for GB%. Are some pitchers better at getting batters to hit into double plays than others. Also, are batters rated as pull or spray hitters. I didn't see any mention of these things on the player cards so I was wondering if they were in the game.

PadresFan104 -> RE: downloaded demo..some questions (6/9/2006 7:58:50 PM)

Hi, and welcome!

As for your questions, I am fairly sure that GB% and pull/spray are not in the game, but I'll let Shaun comment when he has the time.

Al

Beach23BoyP -> RE: downloaded demo..some questions (6/10/2006 7:50:11 AM)

I've always thought there was too many flyballs to the outfield.

puresimmer -> RE: downloaded demo..some questions (6/10/2006 4:14:29 PM)

Hi, thanks for trying the game!

Pitchers and hitters are not individually rated on GB/FB. I have done extensive analysis and the % of flyballs is pretty much exactly in line with the major leagues.

There is also no specific ratings for pull/spray.

BTW, I like both ideas and I am considering adding them to future versions of the game. I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI