Dreams from the Front (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tomanbeg -> Dreams from the Front (7/17/2000 11:57:00 PM)

This game is even more then it's advertised to be. Mr. Woods, if I had a daughter, you could take her out. But not in my truck. While exploring the atic this weekend I came across a box of old General Mags. Remember those? The General used to do turn-by-turn write-ups of games, letting the rest of us mortals see what the pros were doing. Have you thought of getting 2 of the testers to play a game, then releasing the turns on a daily basis? With notes, thoughts & explations. Sure to help out the FNG's, and raise the hit counter. And how about a monthly tactical problem? T.

Wild Bill -> (7/18/2000 12:12:00 AM)

It has been done here before and the response has generally been good. For us, it has been a time factor (a lack) but it is something I definitely have in mind for the future. I liked those too. Better watch out Someone is going to try to buy thos issues from you [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Don -> (7/18/2000 4:03:00 AM)

Come on, Tomanbeg! Surely Wild Bill could use your truck! He could use mine! Maybe. Yea, he could! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/eek.gif[/img] Don [This message has been edited by Don (edited July 17, 2000).]

Tomanbeg -> (7/18/2000 7:07:00 AM)

The car, OK. Motorcycle, Maybe. Truck...NO. WB if someone is looking for The General, I seem to remember seeing an ad on the Grognurds (sp?) Web site a while back. I realize the last thing yous guys need is another programming change, but... How about a slight turn by turn range change for low vision games. + or - 1 hex per turn if vision <14. And for dawn and dusk games, the vision increasing or decreasing over the course of the game. I'm with you in that the amount of battlefield 'friction' is both exciting and a tremendous advance over anything else out there. T.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI