Where do partisans usually activate (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room

larryfulkerson -> Where do partisans usually activate (6/15/2006 5:48:25 PM)

Can partisans activate in a hex that you "own". 'Cause I could have sworn that I owned the two hexes that these two partisans are in now:

[img]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7665/partisansappearinmyhexes9pv.gif[/img]

Chuck2 -> RE: Where do partisans usually activate (6/15/2006 5:49:20 PM)

Yes. Anywhere except a city IIRC.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Where do partisans usually activate (6/15/2006 5:54:12 PM)

Well, if they can activate in YOUR hexes, what's the use of converting hexes behind the front lines to your ownership ( other than for supply purposes )? I thought that I should convert all hexes to my control to supress the appearance of partisans. I guess I thought wrong. Well, I learned something. Thanks.

LLv34_Snefens -> RE: Where do partisans usually activate (6/16/2006 1:03:49 AM)

If a partisan enters on one of your hexes, you will always have him spotted and can take actions to at least contain him. If he enters on a hex already under Soviet control, there is a chance recon won't pick him up and he can then unhindered head for your supply lines. The more friendly, for him, hexes he can move on, the farther he can get.

golden delicious -> RE: Where do partisans usually activate (6/16/2006 3:57:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Well, if they can activate in YOUR hexes, what's the use of converting hexes behind the front lines to your ownership ( other than for supply purposes )?

Note that hex ownership has no effect on supply, unless the hex contains either a supply point or a railroad.

On top of Snefens' remark, it is also useful to convert hexes so that enemy units (but not guerrilla units) will have to pay conversion penalties for them if they ever return to that part of the map.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Where do partisans usually activate (6/16/2006 6:54:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL:  LLv34_Snefens
If a partisan enters on one of your hexes, you will always have him spotted and can take actions to at least contain him. If he enters on a hex already under Soviet control, there is a chance recon won't pick him up and he can then unhindered head for your supply lines. The more friendly, for him, hexes he can move on, the farther he can get.

quote:

ORIGINAL:  golden delicious
Note that hex ownership has no effect on supply, unless the hex contains either a supply point or a railroad.
On top of Snefens' remark, it is also useful to convert hexes so that enemy units (but not guerrilla units) will have to pay conversion penalties for them if they ever return to that part of the map.

Both are excellent remarks.  I'm learning stuff all the time.  You guys are making a better player outta me.  Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI