RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 6:43:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Umm....aren't Scuds going to be coming in with supersonic velocity? Like about mach 4? You aren't going to hear them until they've already hit and something travelling about 1200 metres per second and diving near vertically is unlikely to be seen either.

Still...cracking AAR! Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Neilster

Ah right. Originally I planed to have the soldiers interupted by the sounds of the explosions. Just thought the sight of incoming missiles would be more dramatic.

Watched too many holliwood movies.

Veers -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 7:01:10 PM)

We forgive, just keep it up. :) Very good.

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 7:43:28 PM)

Abso-stinking-lutely! Go, William, GO!

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 8:00:30 PM)

Will update later today. Doing such detailed work slows things down. I havent even covered all of the first day's attacks by the insurgents let alone the Coalitions first day moves !

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 8:02:30 PM)

Are the Iranians sitting still with their heavy units, or are they coming across the border on Day 1 as well?

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 11:05:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Are the Iranians sitting still with their heavy units, or are they coming across the border on Day 1 as well?

I have them moving across understand like Larry im playing Hotseat.

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 11:12:08 PM)

Figured as much.

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 11:30:15 PM)

Word in from other parts of iraq.

in Tikrit an Al Queda Cell and a suicide squad attacked a Tikrit Police patrol.

The Iraqi sucide bomber failed to detonate his vest and he fled. Subsequent mortar attacks from 2 82mm morters did destroy 1 Iraqi Police car.

There were no losses to AlQueda
-----------------------------------------

Fallujah

In Fallujah in the morning the same kind of attack as in Tikrit occured. This time the Suicide bomber did set off his vest destroying an Iraqi Police car. Subsequent attacks with morters and gunfire would clame a total of 3 terrorists and 3 police officers.

-----------------------
A big attack was against an Iraqi industrial site outside Falujah

[image]http://www.stxrenaissance.com/images/site%20aerial.JPG[/image]

Estimated 90 terrorists attacked the site. They set off a car bomb at the front gate.

the car bomber and two other terrorists were killed. 6 iraqi secruity guards were killed chasing the insurgents off.

[image]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7045/uo01215jy.jpg[/image]

-----------------------------

In the town of Najaf were two serious attacks.

The first attack was at noon. 90 Terrorists of Ansar Al Islam attacked an Iraqi police roadblock.

3 Insurgents were killed. 3 Police cars and 9 officers were killed or wounded.
----------------------

The Worst attack was later in the day. A scud attack from Iran began an attack on an Iraqi police station.

Heavy explosions rocked the station followed by an attack by an estimated 30 terrorists.

The terrorists overran the Station causing heavy damage. 45 police officers were killed or captured and 13 police cars and 10 police van were burned or destroyed. No losses were reported to the insurgents.

[image]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3479/ip35km.png[/image]

[image]http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/6726/uo00975ij.jpg[/image]
----------------------------

A final attack on the Najaf police occured later at night. Again another Police station was targeted.

Over 100 terrorists from Ansar Al Islam and Al Queda hit the station. The police were again overrun.

20 police cars, 10 police vans and trucks and 60 officers were lost. Again no reports of terrorists losses.

[image]http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1640/uo01293yg.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/20/2006 11:34:06 PM)

Bad day in Iraq about to get a whole lot worse...

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/21/2006 1:41:27 AM)

Problem Im having with this scenario is it seems that the designer really didnt want the coalition to win.

Most of the events are against the coalition. Add to it that the Iranian army is equipted with some very unique stuff is somewhat unrealistic.

I wouldnt mind the Iranians with old American equptment. But Im finding some very modern qestern equiptment in the Iranian arsenal.

I think the designer wanted play balance. Way to do that is for Victory locations that favor the insurgents not editing in a unrealistic TO&E.

Thinking of re editing the data and changing the map and equiptment and restarting.

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/21/2006 2:12:25 AM)

Well, looking at the beginning of the scenario briefing, maybe he had an ulterior motive...

wolflars -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/21/2006 3:34:50 AM)

indeed

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/21/2006 5:23:26 AM)

What I had hope to do was edit in some new units.

But guess the database files are uneditible ?

wanted to add the following units

Civilian Car - zero in all stats including defense. Has transport capibility

Car Bomb -
Anti Armor Strength - 5
Anti personnel Strength - 15
Anti Air Strength - 0
Defense Strength - 0
Is motorized

Truck Bomb
Anti Armor Strength - 10
Anti personnel Strength - 30
Anti Air Strength - 0
Defense Strength - 0
Is motorized

Suicide bomber
Anti Armor Strength - 0
Anti personnel Strength - 5
Anti Air Strength - 0
Defense Strength - 0

IED
Anti Armor Strength - 30
Anti personnel Strength - 20
Anti Air Strength - 0
Defense Strength - 0

That is if we ever get the ability to edit units.

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/21/2006 11:07:16 PM)

I have been doing some more editing.

I changed some of the TO&E of the combatants.

Here is some key changes.

I used a "Truck with Milan SPATGM" to represent a Truck bomb. With a HEAT of 50 and a defense of 2 thought it was a close representation of an attack of a car bomb.

[image]http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/324/uo00014gy.jpg[/image]

I also changed some of the Iranian armor. The creator of the scenario gave the Iranians modern Challenger MBTs. I changed them to M-60s to represent tanks left over from the Shah's days in power.

[image]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3143/uo00029ph.jpg[/image]

Finally for the suicide squads I got rid of the morter.

I changed the unit adding an engineer. That is to simulate the bomb makers. The Engineer has an anti personel rating of 5 so does have the ability to do some damage to personel simulating a suicide bomber. That and adds great defense to unit.

[image]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3909/uo00031xx.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/22/2006 1:05:06 AM)

This looks good...

larryfulkerson -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/22/2006 1:48:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: William Amos

What I had hope to do was edit in some new units.

But guess the database files are uneditible ?

wanted to add the following units

Civilian Car - zero in all stats including defense. Has transport capibility
Car Bomb -
Truck Bomb
Suicide bomber
IED

Back in the days when I was writing the TOAW clone, I planned on having an external file that could be edited with any text editor so that things like this could be done easily by anyone. That way we could share any database changes and fixes with each other. Also the capability to read more than one file into the clone for an external database would mean that we wouldn't need to edit one huge file anymore we could just drop the new smaller file(s) into some folder somewhere and just read all the files in the folder. Maybe we should lobby Ralph and the powers that be so that we can do something like this for TOAW4 because we DO need car bombs, suicide bombers, IEDs etc. in the database.

Terminus -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/22/2006 1:51:04 AM)

Not to mention any number of new pieces of kit, like Strykers, Super Hornets and Comanches (yes, I know the RAH-66 was cancelled, but still...)

Williamb -> RE: WOT Iraq/Iran Front 2007 (6/23/2006 1:36:41 AM)

Well I had to restart my edits as I made a mistake and corrutped my copy of this scenario.

New edits are done should be able to start later tonight when I get home from work.

I did add the Truck with HOT to simulate a bigger bag for truck bombs. Added them to the suicide squads.

Also added Auzzie Troops to the lineup. dont know why the scenario has Bulgarian, Romanian and even Dutch and New Zealanders but oddly no Australians who have been in Iraq since the beginning.

Will sho this stuff off in new AAR

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI