Blenheim blunder scenario and OP fire rules (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

JR -> Blenheim blunder scenario and OP fire rules (7/18/2000 10:03:00 PM)

I have tried the Blenheim Blunder scenario, and it works out just fine, but it seems to be simpler do win decisivly as the germans then as the british. Is this intentional? As the germans is the default side, I would assume that to be the most difficult. Even I is a better commander than the AI. There seem to be one error: Unit T0 is named as a Vickers jeep, has no icon, is pictured in its unit screen as some sort of gun, and seems to be armed with a 5.5 in field gun in addition to what a Vickers jeep is suposed to be armed . (There is no ammo for this gun though.)This must be an error? In the same scenario I try to set range very short to preserve shoots and ammo, but my units fire on long ranges anyhow. And after the turn the range is reset to higher values. I think this is a feature, and not a bug, but what exatly is the rules governing this? Thanks for a fine game! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] JR

Paul Vebber -> (7/18/2000 10:17:00 PM)

Your units will obey your opfire range guidance until they are shot at, then if return Opfire is triggered teh range will be automatically reset to allow it ti return fire. Watch for the little asterisk that indicates your unit has lost its hidden status. After that your Opfire guidance may be overruled. The new controlled Opfire option in version 3 helps with this problem as you can "just say no" to unwanted opfire :-)

JR -> (7/18/2000 10:27:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Your units will obey your opfire range guidance until they are shot at, then if return Opfire is triggered teh range will be automatically reset to allow it ti return fire. Watch for the little asterisk that indicates your unit has lost its hidden status. After that your Opfire guidance may be overruled. The new controlled Opfire option in version 3 helps with this problem as you can "just say no" to unwanted opfire :-)
I understand that it is sensible to return fire when fired upon, in order to create suression and hopfully avoid getting hit by the enemys second and third try. But it is neccesarry to reset the range when you do so? Had it been possible to retain the old setting even if the unit fired? It seems that as soon a unit have fired once at longe ranges it starts wasting ammo firering at anything that moves. JR

JR -> (7/18/2000 10:28:00 PM)

PS Thanks for a quick replay. I am impressed by that! JR

Wild Bill -> (7/19/2000 7:04:00 AM)

JR, there is an updated version of Blenheim that eliminates the jeep problem you spoke of. It was an oob error which has been corrected. Go to the SPWAW Game Depot and download version 2.0 and you'll be right as rain. Yes, the Germans do have a slight advantage. You can counter that by increasing British AI numbers to be more of a challenge. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI