Artillery support while Mobile & stuff (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room

lojishen -> Artillery support while Mobile & stuff (6/19/2006 3:14:34 AM)

I thought I read somewhere that artillery will support an attack or defense while in mobile mode, but I've read elsewhere that this isn't the case. Can someone clarify this for me?

Also, if the above is true, does fire support differ depending on mode, i.e. tactical vs. local vs. mobile vs. dug in? I'm wondering about combat suppor not direct support?

Also, is there a movement cost for dug in units that want to move? In other words if you start your turn in mobile mode can you move farther vs. starting in dug in mode?

Thanks,

lojishen

golden delicious -> RE: Artillery support while Mobile & stuff (6/19/2006 3:26:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lojishen

I thought I read somewhere that artillery will support an attack or defense while in mobile mode, but I've read elsewhere that this isn't the case. Can someone clarify this for me?

It won't. You have to either assign it directly, dig it in, or set it to a reserve status.

Mobile status worked for this in TOAW Volume I, I believe, but that was six years ago.

quote:

Also, if the above is true, does fire support differ depending on mode,

No.

quote:

Also, is there a movement cost for dug in units that want to move? In other words if you start your turn in mobile mode can you move farther vs. starting in dug in mode?

No. There is no ongoing benefit to having mobile status.

lojishen -> RE: Artillery support while Mobile & stuff (6/19/2006 9:36:59 AM)

Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI