no DNO (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

cantona -> no DNO (6/19/2006 9:41:35 PM)

whats happend to DnO and all the other mcbride masterpieces?

jbunnelle -> RE: no DNO (6/19/2006 10:11:59 PM)

I suspect they're being overhauled to make use of the major increase in events.

Okimaw -> RE: no DNO (6/19/2006 10:28:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbunnelle

I suspect they're being overhauled to make use of the major increase in events.

Yes, I seem to remember a thread on here or szo saying something to that effect

cantona -> RE: no DNO (6/19/2006 10:54:16 PM)

excellent (complete with mr burns drumming of fingers) [&o]

jbunnelle -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 12:06:56 AM)

But I wouldn't hold your breath on that happening anytime soon. Last I heard McBride was busy designing scenarios for another Matrix title.

golden delicious -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 1:09:27 AM)

Any scenario available for COW can be converted to TOAW III. So it's possible to play DNO in the Matrix Edition if you want.

rhinobones -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 3:14:45 AM)

If you know any history of McBride you will have seen that he has always worked hard to keep his scenarios segregated from all others. Also, knowing how much time he has put into scenario development, we should respect his decision not to have his scenarios included in the TOAW III release prior to a thorough test program. I am sure that when (if) the scenarios are ready for TOAW III, he will make them available.

Regards, RhinoBones

cantona -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 11:03:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

Any scenario available for COW can be converted to TOAW III. So it's possible to play DNO in the Matrix Edition if you want.

so i just dump the .sce file into the scenario folder as of days of old with COW then?

larryfulkerson -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 11:20:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona
so i just dump the .sce file into the scenario folder as of days of old with COW then?

From what I understand you read the COW scenario into the editor and then just immediately save it without making any changes and that's what converts it. Or so I'm told.

jbunnelle -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 2:22:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

From what I understand you read the COW scenario into the editor and then just immediately save it without making any changes and that's what converts it. Or so I'm told.

Hmm...could someone in the know verify this please? I have put in a lot of COW scenarios but have not opened them in the editor and resaved. I assumed the new AI and other TOAW3 changes would automatically take effect.

Nemo69 -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 2:32:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

Hmm...could someone in the know verify this please? I have put in a lot of COW scenarios but have not opened them in the editor and resaved. I assumed the new AI and other TOAW3 changes would automatically take effect.
That's correct. All it takes for a CoW scenario to be converted in a TOAW III one is to be loaded in the TOAW III editor and saved.

Szilard -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 3:21:27 PM)

quote:

Not claiming to be in the know but from other messages here I think the point of opening & saving is just to adjust any event 500 references to event 1000 - or something along those lines.

Certainly, it's been stated by officially-mandated types on a few occasions that ACoW scenarios will work in TOAW3 with just a load and save. I suspect that for most scenarios without Theater Options even that isn't absolutely necessary.

PDiFolco -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 4:26:36 PM)

I've tried the conversion on several CoW scenarios, it works perfectly until now. [8D] 

dlazov -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 4:45:36 PM)

Looking forward to both the DNO and Braunswig Scenario Conversions.

ralphtricky -> RE: no DNO (6/20/2006 8:29:43 PM)

quote:

We haen't tested it, but all that you should need to do is to load the scenario. Opening it and saving it should help to insulate you from future problems, but it's probably not necessary.

Foggy -> RE: no DNO (6/23/2006 8:32:17 PM)

I believe the last version was 3.6 - it has quite the factory bug[:@]

Menschenfresser -> RE: no DNO (6/23/2006 9:35:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Foggy

No. There's a 3.7 that has corrected the factory release problems.

JAMiAM -> RE: no DNO (6/23/2006 10:33:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Menschenfresser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Foggy

No. There's a 3.7 that has corrected the factory release problems.

There's even a 4.0 that was in playtest a while back, but that's never been publically released...

Okimaw -> RE: no DNO (6/25/2006 5:31:10 AM)

Has anyone tried these scens, DNO, Braunschweig, GiO in TOAW 3 yet?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI