RE: Release 3 Development Update (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum

David Winter -> RE: Release 3 Development Update (8/28/2006 2:29:22 AM)

Hi All.

Just to give everyone an update as to the progress.

A lot has been accomplished in the past 3 or so months. Some of you may not even recognize it as being the same game. I think that's a good thing.

Matrix staff, the testers and I are well aware of the upcoming start of the American Football season and the 1/2 way point of the Canadian football season is next weekend. To that end we're working as hard as we can to get you your first look as a public beta as quickly as we can.

I can not commit to a date yet as I unfortunately have some ill timed business travel I have to see to next week (until the 1st of September).

Again, thanks to all for their continued patience, I'm sure the wait will be worth it. 

David

David Winter -> RE: Release 3 Development Update (8/28/2006 2:32:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brockleigh

Hey Dave,

The plays I have been trying to make have been with 7 Men on the LOS. I can't send you a screen cap, as I'm not that well versed in the ins-and-outs of using a PC, but if I can do it here...

[snip for quote]

I take it this is the first you've come across this.

Hi.

No, I've seen this before but it's always been caused by the same thing. You may think you have 7 men on the LOS but really they're not. Being ~close to~ the LOS is not ~on the LOS~. You probably just need to nudge all the players that are on the line up a little bit. If you drag the player accross the LOS and let him go, the PDS will snap him back to being on the LOS. That should solve the problem.

Marauders -> RE: Release 3 Development Update (8/28/2006 8:14:54 AM)

quote:

The plays I have been trying to make have been with 7 Men on the LOS.

The only way I can get my formations to work is to line up one of the receivers right beside one of the tackles,

... as if I was using a Tight End. I noticed that the playbook for the 12-man game that came with the digital dowload utilized a Tight End like what I had to do with my formations.

I take it this is the first you've come across this.

I did up a quick test play under Canadian rules for this in PDS 2.0.

It doesn't look like a problem - at least in the new build.

I have seen problems where the receivers were not on the line. As David stated, the players should be snapped to the line by bringing them over the line and letting them snap back.

I have also seen a player in motion or another player on the line giving the line more than 7 players at the snap. As I recall, the error is the same.

Here is a screen shot of 7 men on the line of scrimmage. The two ends are split off from the line.

[image]local://upfiles/15799/9EF0BCBCCA114E82984BFC85DB53D911.jpg[/image]

Magnum357 -> RE: Release 3 Development Update (8/29/2006 10:54:55 AM)

Wow, nice screen shot.  I'm really looking forward to PDS2.0.  :)

Brockleigh -> RE: Release 3 Development Update (8/30/2006 7:45:38 AM)

Thanks for the heads up. I tried using the "Align Tops" tool, but that didn't work, so it seemed. I'll try that with a couple other plays... I've been having problems creating an 'Ace' formation, and that should solve things...

... and if it keeps me from using a Slotback as a Tight End, all the better.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI