Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Big B -> Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:13:43 AM)

Says it all.

How do I get some of this in the States?
http://www.spitfireale.co.uk/

[image]local://upfiles/16855/0E72BCBE995143C18222C37B2A90600C.jpg[/image]

Terminus -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:14:41 AM)

The notion that the British brew better beer than the Germans is interesting...[8|]

Big B -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:16:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

The notion that the British brew better beer than the Germans is interesting...[8|]

But their advertising kills me![:D]
Surf the link

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:18:32 AM)

Don't mess with the Brits[;)]

Big B -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:24:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Because if you do - the USA will jump in too...in a few years[:D]

Kadrin -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:26:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

quote:

We're always late to the party...[8|]

denisonh -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 2:34:34 AM)

"No one brews beer like the Brits"

That could be a good thing.......

RUPD3658 -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 3:03:12 AM)

What John Cleese said about British beer in an old Guiness Commercial:

"Warm sticky stuff with various forms of pond life in it"[sm=party-smiley-012.gif][sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]

Brits are known for many wonderful contributions to the world but few of them have to do with food.

denisonh -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 3:07:28 AM)

I kinda thought that Guinness is their best contribution to date in that category.

[Edit]

Let's be honest Guinness, although it was began production and distribution while part of GB, it is no longer "British" and now strictly Irish.

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

What John Cleese said about British beer in an old Guiness Commercial:

"Warm sticky stuff with various forms of pond life in it"[sm=party-smiley-012.gif][sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]

Brits are known for many wonderful contributions to the world but few of them have to do with food.

Ursa MAior -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 10:43:49 AM)

When I saw it some 5 yrs ago I immediately orderd one, but was too strong for a beer of my taste. IIRC it was 7% instead of the normal 5.

Well to be honest, apart from cheese and beer the northern countries have not really contributed to good food.[:D]

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 3:50:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

quote:

Right. LOL[:D]

Feinder -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 3:56:20 PM)

I'm quite fond of Newcastle.  I don't have any idea how authentic it is, or if it's maybe crap over there across the pond.  But I like it well enough. 

Guiness on the other hand, will not only put hair on your chest, but on your back and the bottoms of your feet.  Blech.  I even like a lot of the stouts, but Guiness is beyond me, a black-n-tan is about the only way I can drink it.

-F-

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 3:58:31 PM)

I do like Guinness but I drink it probably once a month. After 4-6 pints i'm full up. Literally full up. A multi-purpose drink[;)]

MarcA -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 4:12:34 PM)

We often see Spitfire in the SW and it's a decent brew

[image]local://upfiles/15658/5472F8DC9202400DADEB49038DDE2F4D.jpg[/image]

joey -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 4:13:07 PM)

Guiness is okay at best. I tried many a Brit beer while stationed over there. Did not like many of them --- Give me a good Irish or German beer anytime! They know how to brew a beer!

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 4:13:30 PM)

Still see it around here too

Hoplosternum -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 4:40:51 PM)

In Britain we usually distinguish beers between bitter and lager.

Lager is what everyone else calls beer, but we call lager.

Bitter is what we call beer and everyone else doesn't seem to like [:D] It's the stuff that can be served warm or at least not cold, often has bits in the bottom, is darker (usually) and much flatter than lager. It needs to be kept well otherwise it quickly goes off.

Most people start drinking one or the other from an early age and then stick to it [:)] Lager is more popular now than bitter, but there are very few pubs that won't serve both.

Spitfire is a bitter. And a nice one too.

Guiness is neither bitter or lager. Served (nearly) everywhere in the UK. Usually very good these days (10+ years ago it was harder to find places outside Ireland that kept it well). It's kind of like the reserve drink for me when I go in to a pub and find the beer tastes bad [:)]

Hoplosternum -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 4:43:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

Well to be honest, apart from cheese and beer the northern countries have not really contributed to good food.[:D]

But what a pair [:D] Beer and Cheese [:D] What a contribution [&o]

Nikademus -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:15:18 PM)

Some of the best beers i've had are British/Irish, but there are some good German ones too. Warsteiner I like for a summer beer. My GF unit's dad is an international pilot....he brings home cases of German beer thats like 12-13% Alc. Don't know the name as the bottles are unlabeled but man they are good. <hic>

US beers generally suck....unless its a reputible microbrewery.....a wonderful exception is Rouge Ales. I live within walking distance of one of their brewhouses...they have so many good selections you need a beer "menu" to order!

www.rogue.com

Feinder -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:21:16 PM)

quote:

he brings home cases of German beer thats like 12-13% Alc

Sounds like "Colt 45" Nik... [;)]

Technically, in the US, a "beer" over 10% alchohaul (or something like that), is considered a "malt liquor" (interesting trivia).

-F-

rtrapasso -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:23:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

quote:

he brings home cases of German beer thats like 12-13% Alc

Sounds like "Colt 45" Nik... [;)]

Technically, in the US, a "beer" over 10% alchohaul (or something like that), is considered a "malt liquor" (interesting trivia).

-F-

Only in some states - i know that to be true in Texas (and evidentally Florida), but i don't think it's true in NY or Connecticut. At least in TX, it has to say "Malt Liquor" on the label to be sold, and it was not true in NYS or CT.

niceguy2005 -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:25:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

US beers generally suck....unless its a reputible microbrewery.....a wonderful exception is Rouge Ales. I live within walking distance of one of their brewhouses...they have so many good selections you need a beer "menu" to order!

www.rogue.com

World's best beer, that isn't a highly specialized microbrew, is Fat Tire. Hands down the best in the world. It's not too heavy, not too light, good full flavor without being overly bitter. YUM! [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:26:26 PM)

Warsteiner is a decent Lager. I'm more of a Lager drinker than a Bitter one but will (as said before) drink Guinness from time to time (not that that's a Bitter mind you)

niceguy2005 -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:30:49 PM)

quote:

Warsteiner is a decent Lager. I'm more of a Lager drinker than a Bitter one but will (as said before) drink Guinness from time to time (not that that's a Bitter mind you)

Guinness is too "creamy" for me. Makes me ill.

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:31:45 PM)

Tequila makes me ill....guaranteed

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:31:57 PM)

Duckstein is may favourite pint.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 6:39:09 PM)

Being Texan its my duty to drink Shiner Bock (or anything else with alcohol that's free).

niceguy2005 -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 7:23:31 PM)

quote:

Tequila makes me ill....guaranteed

You need to try the "good stuff". I've had tequila so smooth it goes down like water. VEry dangerous![sm=dizzy.gif]

Speedysteve -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 7:25:28 PM)

I find that with a good Whiskey.

Ah 5 more minutes until end of work and then into London to have a few beers with a mate[8D]

Curty -> RE: Spitfire Ale - The Bottle of Britain (6/23/2006 7:42:14 PM)

Guinness reminds me of the remains of that cold cup of coffee i left from last night...it tasted horrendous[sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif]

Stella Artois in my opinion is the best Lager in the world...a Belgian 'beer', 5.2% Alc.

A close second would be German.. Beck's Bier from Bremen, has a kind of nutty taste with 5% Alc.

The strangest is 'Old Pickled Sporren' a local 'brew' from the Orkney Islands[&o][&o][&o]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI