H3 will not run! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

davemal -> H3 will not run! (6/23/2006 11:22:27 PM)

I recieved H3 on the initial day of issue and installed had the serial number problem and when that was solved the game installed and ran fine. Now I just came back to the game to play and no matter what I do all I get is the quick dos box with a message about something that I can not keep on the screen. And the game does nothing. I really would like to get back into Harpoon and this is very frustrating.

davemal -> RE: H3 will not run! (6/24/2006 1:21:58 AM)

On further checking it doesn't matter if I launch from the dirctory by double clicking on the h3 file or form the launcher program.  It also generates a .games directory in the root that was not there before I tried to run H3.

davemal -> RE: H3 will not run! (6/24/2006 1:43:35 AM)

Dale,

I haven't changed a thing except to replace a dvd drive and a cd/rw drive. Everything else is identical to when I installed it. What really gets my goat is that I did not even go for the discount.

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: H3 will not run! (6/24/2006 2:19:47 AM)

Try running it from a command prompt. To do this go the run option in your Windows start menu and run:

cmd

Once the command prompt is loaded type the drive letter that your Harpoon 3 installation runs on. If it was on your D drive you would type:

d:

This will switch drives, then switch to the Harpoon 3 ANW directory with the cd command which is most likely something like:

cd Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 ANW\

Then run the game by typing:

harpoon3.exe

Post the error you see and we'll try to help you from there.

davemal -> RE: H3 will not run! (6/24/2006 3:10:50 AM)

OK,  That worked I've got it running.  The problem was in the ini file it had inserted a . before about 2/3 of the directorys locations.  Now I've somehow got 2 playinwin.opt files and That is the only way that I can launch the game.  I prefer whole screen.

davemal -> RE: H3 will not run! (6/24/2006 3:18:22 AM)

That one was easy. Found and extra file inthe options folder and just deleted one of them. I can now play H3 again.
Thanks for the help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI