MP Play Any luck? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

ETF -> MP Play Any luck? (6/24/2006 1:24:43 AM)

Sorry guys I'm pretty good with LAN and Online game setup....but this is something else. Anyone else having problems with this? I assumed it would have been rewritten from the original release? Not user friendly at all.
I gave up after 2 hours of trying. The user documentation just didn't help....

Vincenzo_Beretta -> RE: MP Play Any luck? (6/24/2006 1:30:50 AM)

I played this evening. I had to struggle a bit with the setup but then everything went smoothly - no interruptions and no slowdowns.

Basically you launch the server (the player with the most powerful sistem should do it). Then *both* players put into the "Multiplayer Options" tab the IP and the port where the server is listening. Then both launch "harpoon3client.exe" - and they should meet online on the server.

This is the hard part. Then you only have to create a session and select a scenario. Please, by all means ask if you need assistance: I'm going to sleep now, since I played until after midnight - but either me or some one else will be able top help. It is a whole new ball!

hermanhum -> RE: MP Play Any luck? (6/24/2006 1:54:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta

Basically you launch the server (the player with the most powerful sistem should do it). Then *both* players put into the "Multiplayer Options" tab the IP and the port where the server is listening. Then both launch "harpoon3client.exe" - and they should meet online on the server.

How do you select the port?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI