Over-sized Air Units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

witpqs -> Over-sized Air Units (6/24/2006 2:31:14 AM)

Joe, Don,

One of you (Don, I think) recently fixed the problem with air units getting replacements when they were in fact full, just broken up into fragments because they were in the middle of a base transfer.

This fix has been great - reduced the player workload and really reduced one 'headache factor'.

I've just noticed that it is happening again. I saw it in a total of 4 air units, but unfortunately noticed it too late to get helpful save game files.

Would you consider putting a button on the air unit display that would allow the player to fix this kind of thing when it happens? The button would function to 1) return planes above the unit's maximum size to the pool, and 2 return pilots above the unit's maximum size to the pool. The button could be called 'Reduce to Max' or something.

This would allow players to fix this kind of problem (which can oversubscribe airfields and ships, hog airframes, and is generally a pain in the butt) without changing any game dynamics (I know there was much discussion about 'disbanding', etc.).

What do you think?

jwilkerson -> RE: Over-sized Air Units (6/24/2006 3:24:44 AM)

I would think we could just "automate" this ... but the kitchen is closed ... as they say ... for the next patch ... so this idea will need to wait for next time !

witpqs -> RE: Over-sized Air Units (6/24/2006 4:36:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

I would think we could just "automate" this ... but the kitchen is closed ... as they say ... for the next patch ... so this idea will need to wait for next time !

I understand waiting!

The reason that I did not suggest automating it is that some groups begin scenarios over-subscribed (the Catalinas in the PI come to mind), and I know that some players over-populate units on purpose by disbanding other units into them. I figured I would suggest something that had no forced effect on other players.

Thanks for leaving a note on the kitchen door. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI