1977 Minor League Rosters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

ffp7175 -> 1977 Minor League Rosters (6/24/2006 4:57:12 AM)

I am strating a career league in 1977 (the expansion year of the Mariners and Blue Jays)

and I am trying to make it a 55 player association

Instead of using fictional players in the minors, I want to use players that were actually in thr minors in 1977

Does anyone where i can get a list of rosters for the minors for the 1977 season

I am hoping to find such a list and fill the minors with actual players

thanks
Bill

ffp7175 -> RE: 1977 Minor League Rosters (6/25/2006 10:10:53 PM)

I just purchased the 1978 Sporting News Baseball Edition on Amazon, it has the stats for the 1977 minors

So once i get it, i will be creating a 55 man association with actual minor league players

and once done, i will be making this season avaible for other pursim players, hopefully for your enjoyment also

I picked the 1977 season because it was the first year of expansion ball (Blue Jays and Marniers), and it should

make a going point in history to replay 1977 to 2005

thanks
Bill

Claymore Cut -> RE: 1977 Minor League Rosters (6/26/2006 8:39:39 AM)

Wow! I'll be looking for it!

motnahp -> RE: 1977 Minor League Rosters (6/26/2006 8:52:51 AM)

Hopefully, you're getting the Baseball Guide by The Sporting News. Throughout the 80's and into the 90's, I used this reference to input stats for another baseball sim.

I might be interested in contributing something like this myself, using some of my Baseball Guides as references.

IMO, inputting the players and setting up the rosters will be the "easy" part of the project. Where you'll have your work cut out for you is in deciding what ratings to give the minor leaguers for them to have the proper "growth potential". Have you developed a plan for your ratings? Defensive ratings will be the biggest pain for you, even assuming that good defensive stats for minor leaguers were included in the Guide that year.

You'll also find many players with decent minor league stats who NEVER got any higher than AA or AAA, for whatever reason. There's a TON of variables. Good luck.

Keep us informed of your progress

ffp7175 -> RE: 1977 Minor League Rosters (7/1/2006 12:08:18 AM)

Just received the 1978 copy today

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to handle the following

Lonnie Smith played in the minors in 1977 and came up to the majors in 1978

For my roster i can import him in for the minors in 1977, but then in the 1978 draft

he will part of the draft, there a lot of players like this that will be in the draft in upcoming

years but played in the minors in 1977

should i leave them out of the roster

also, i am doing a 55 man asscication, would anyone like to see this at 60 or 70

instead

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI