Playing Japan-Some ?s. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

hbrsvl -> Playing Japan-Some ?s. (6/24/2006 10:45:28 PM)

Hi-I'm about to start my first scenario playing as Japan. I plan to do scen. #8, which I believe is the first one with Japanese production.
Some questions: 1. To pick up resources & deliver to Japan, do I have to form separate TFs myself, or is it automatic? ( Are there TFs or other types of transport already in existence at the beginning of the scenario?) 2. Is there any sort of check list for me to follow for production at the beggining of each turn? If so, where can I find it? 3. How do I go about finding what is in the production pipeline, as far as production, R&D, etc? 4. Is there a schedule for R&D & production. I.e., if I want to produce Nakajima engines, can I find out how long it will take? I understand that a given factory will have an output in # units/month.
I understand my learning curve will be trial & error, but I'd rather have more trial & less error, if possible. Thanks, Hugh Browne

pauk -> RE: Playing Japan-Some ?s. (6/25/2006 12:11:38 AM)

1. not sure what you want to know but i picking resources from the base with AKs (smaller AKs from small ports, those with 7000 capacity from the ports 3-4 +). You can not pick resources and oil with computer controled conwoys.

Resources and oil are transported with following routine: #1. click destination (ie Tokyo) and AFTER that load resources/oil

2. don't know, i do it all manually

3. you need to click inteligence report at the right bottom of the screen you have Industry/resource availability and industry resource pools. for RD you need to check aircraft replacement pool

4. not sure what you think???

jwilkerson -> RE: Playing Japan-Some ?s. (6/25/2006 2:13:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-I'm about to start my first scenario playing as Japan. I plan to do scen. #8, which I believe is the first one with Japanese production.
Some questions: 1. To pick up resources & deliver to Japan, do I have to form separate TFs myself, or is it automatic? ( Are there TFs or other types of transport already in existence at the beginning of the scenario?) 2. Is there any sort of check list for me to follow for production at the beggining of each turn? If so, where can I find it? 3. How do I go about finding what is in the production pipeline, as far as production, R&D, etc? 4. Is there a schedule for R&D & production. I.e., if I want to produce Nakajima engines, can I find out how long it will take? I understand that a given factory will have an output in # units/month.
I understand my learning curve will be trial & error, but I'd rather have more trial & less error, if possible. Thanks, Hugh Browne

There are some hints and spreadsheet and what not on Spooky's ... but I've not used those in my PBEMs ... best way to learn IMHO is trial ... the amount of error is a judgement call ..maybe you won't make any !

Cmdrcain -> RE: Playing Japan-Some ?s. (6/29/2006 7:58:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

1. not sure what you want to know but i picking resources from the base with AKs (smaller AKs from small ports, those with 7000 capacity from the ports 3-4 +). You can not pick resources and oil with computer controled conwoys.

Resources and oil are transported with following routine: #1. click destination (ie Tokyo) and AFTER that load resources/oil

Your talking of Convoys you setup then put on Computer which will do it over and over...

But the Automatic Convoy will pickup oil and Resources, it's not perfect but it does, I use automatic convoy plus manual setups and also your way of setting up a convoy then putting it on computer, I don't depend on the automatic system but neither do I not use it.

Automatic Convoys been working better now then in the past where it didn't work well in older versions.

Sneer -> RE: Playing Japan-Some ?s. (6/29/2006 12:24:48 PM)

with enemy subs around it is better to make everything manually 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI