Pearl Harbor strike problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Jagdfluger -> Pearl Harbor strike problems (6/25/2006 2:01:48 PM)

I have had a problem with the last 3-4 games under CHS I have tried to start in that the PH strike does not use torpedoes.

This happened under 1.8, and still happens under 1.801. It happened with CHS scenario 155 and now with scenario 157.

I have tried to reinstall once.

Is this a common problem? Do I just need to reinstall again?

Thanks.

tsimmonds -> RE: Pearl Harbor strike problems (6/25/2006 3:50:26 PM)

It's a die roll.

You're unlucky![;)]

Try breaking down the torpedo units. You get more chances that way, higher probability of an average result (which will not be very many).

Of course no one knows what the probability of being armed with torps vs bombs actually is, but I'd guess it's like 20-30%. With only 6 chances, it's not unusual to come up zippo.

Jagdfluger -> RE: Pearl Harbor strike problems (6/25/2006 4:14:24 PM)

Thanks.

I will try running the first turn several more times to see if it always happens and report back.

tsimmonds -> RE: Pearl Harbor strike problems (6/25/2006 5:47:16 PM)

If you run the same set-up over and over, you are going to get the same result each time. To get a different result, you need to make some changes someplace, like an additional air strike somewhere, or a bombardment, or something that will get you a different "seed" for your die rolls.

Jagdfluger -> RE: Pearl Harbor strike problems (6/25/2006 7:08:40 PM)

I am just restarting the historic first turn. Obviously, I can't change the orders in that setup. I have chosen historic first turn because I am about to start a game with that option.

Sneer -> RE: Pearl Harbor strike problems (6/26/2006 4:56:14 PM)

25% if i remember correctly / group

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI