Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

hermanhum -> Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (6/27/2006 9:57:39 AM)

Mission ignores target list

Targets not restricted to target list for mission.

• Run test scen. Mission specifies the Runway as the target, yet the Air Station is also destroyed.

Sample file has been attached for ODb.

StrategyZoneOnline

hermanhum -> RE: Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (6/27/2006 11:25:42 PM)

Sorry that you have not had much luck with replication, but this is a potential Scenario Killer and could conceivably affect all scenarios so I will try again.

Here is a screen shot of the mission the B-52s are assigned. As you can see, ONLY the Runway is in the target list. IMO, there should be no reason why the Air Station is being attacked, at all.

Should you choose to ignore this phenomenon, you might want to revise your manual, too. There is a section that currently reads:

quote:

"Specific targeted strikes work well against surface ships..."

If this behaviour is problematic for facilities, I cannot see why it would not affect ships, too.

[image]local://upfiles/18146/F18539E90F3744C39AEB720058EC9042.gif[/image]

jerseyfred -> RE: Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (7/22/2006 12:34:52 AM)

I could not replicate this bug either. I made many test scenarios and always had my planes bomb the correct target.

However, I think I may have found the problem. Strike missions work fine when using short range weapons (Range of 1-10 nm).  The problem occurs when employing long range weapons (cruise missiles like ALCM and Storm Shadow). Discovered this by accident, I had my Storm Shadows ignoring the designated target and going after other targets in the vicinty.

So the problem apperas to be range related or weapon related.

Hope this helps with being able to reproduce the problem.

DeSade -> RE: Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (7/24/2006 11:16:21 AM)

I had similiar problem in Dawn Patrol yesterday - all of my missiles sudently turned 90 degrees and went for another (neutral) target. Second volley reached target group, but most missiles choose different targets then designated (sometimes much more remote then original ones)

hermanhum -> RE: Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (7/24/2006 1:20:50 PM)

I don't know if the problem you are describing is the same as the one reported in this thread.

IMO, the situation you have described seems more indicative of the situation here.

DeSade -> RE: Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (7/24/2006 11:10:40 PM)

I just think jerseyfred correctly identified, that both bugs have the same source [:)]

hermanhum -> RE: Bug Report: Mission ignores target list (7/24/2006 11:29:16 PM)

It certainly would be great if they could both be squashed in the same sweep!  [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI