Off to Origins!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

CapnDarwin -> Off to Origins!! (6/28/2006 4:00:22 PM)

Rob and I are heading off to Origins for the week. Our focus will be on the timetable and features of the new game and I'm sure we will have much to tell upon our return.

I hope we see some Flashpoint fans out at the show!! [8D]

CapnDarwin -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/3/2006 3:22:19 AM)

A quick report to all from Rob and I. We had a blast as usual. A lot of work and planning on the next game, talking with many Origins vendors and the crowds. Hats off to David Heath and company for a damn good time at the show and after. A deep and respectful bow to Jim and Sean (man, I hope I'm spelling that right) from the Wargamer for the interview, discussions and for wresting a copy of Slugfest Games Kung-Fu Fighting (a great game in its own right, so all must obey the Master and buy when it is in stock), Slugfest games for giving up a copy for us to play and also letting us in on the expansion planned for next year. My Kung-Fu skills shall become unmatched with such knowledge and wisdom. Thanks to Don and Dale (Harpoon 3 gurus) for refreshing my brain on the game, finding that awesome deli, talking shop on gaming in general, and also a bow to Dale and his mad Kung-Fu skills. Thanks to Eric, Patty, Joe "the Hammer", Ron, Greg, Tom, Tim, and Mark "Oh my God I won!![X(]" Walker, Mike (for fixing the cascade of failed computers) and also to the rest of the Matrix crew there for a great time at the show. Already making my plans for next year...[:D]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/3/2006 11:46:13 AM)

Hahaha, I got hooked by Kung-Fu Fighting last year allready, played it with Cliff, their Art Director, and some of our guys quite some time. It is a killer fun game. I bought three copies of it.

Did you check out "En Garde" too? I love that one even more.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/3/2006 5:58:49 PM)

I was too busy dealing out crushing defeats to get a chance to play "En Garde". Several of the other fellows did play that a a couple other games in the evenings. You could have made money selling two of those copies. Slugfest was waiting for a shipment of the game but only had enough to demo at Origins. The addon for Kung Fu will be awesome for next year. SO how was "the Cup"?

Marc von Martial -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/4/2006 11:33:03 AM)

They allways seem to underestimate the demand [;)]. Was the same last year.

If you like Kung-Fu fighting simply buy En-Garde. It is worth every cent, I find it even more funny, it is a tad more envolved though.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/4/2006 5:01:24 PM)

From what they were saying, they changed from a US based publisher of the materials to one overseas and that had a huge hit on time but a better payoff in costing and such. I'll grab a copy of En Garde when I get a chance so I may dominate play in both. Insert evil laugh here... [sm=duel.gif]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/4/2006 5:02:35 PM)

We need to play Kung-Fu next time on a convention. I dominated the table last year [:D]

CapnDarwin -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/4/2006 6:26:15 PM)

I look forward to testing your Kung Fu. Perhaps with the new teaming rules we can join forces and destroy all challengers.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/5/2006 1:24:09 PM)

Ah, they updated the rules?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/5/2006 1:57:12 PM)

New expansion coming out next year. We got an early look on things. Way cool!! [8D]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Off to Origins!! (7/5/2006 1:58:58 PM)

Cool [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI