How do you play PS??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

Nomo Ootp -> How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 4:15:47 PM)

I am wondering if more of the players on this board play historical seasons or fictional? I plan on playing mainly fictional myself and I am asking this question because I am looking at creating a few photo packs and logo packs for my fictional leagues and if the interest was there I would share them.... here is an example of some of my logos created (within the last week) for OOTP. Of course they would be in different styles for this game....[;)]

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/sandman62/

PadresFan104 -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 7:42:04 PM)

I think the community would love it if you shared them!  If you want me to host them on my site so that more people see them, just let me know.  They look great...

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/PureSimMods/Main.html

Claymore Cut -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 8:44:50 PM)

The Chicago Whales one he modified for me [:D]

Hi Sand!

Nomo Ootp -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 10:07:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

The Chicago Whales one he modified for me [:D]

Hi Sand!

Glad to see some familiar names on this board....

Actually I have not create logos for about a year because Knuckler, Reds1 and a few others have cornered the market on the logos. I do have my starter pack and created the 780 logos from it as a quick and simple logo with no text. I think that these will look really good in Puresim because the logos are smaller.....

I am not sure of how the circular logos will look in game because of the size, I think the generic ones look better......

Nomo Ootp -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 10:10:40 PM)

I was wondering if anyone plays fictional because I have a ton of faces in OOTP format that I would like to use in PS, I would resize them, remove the logos from the hats so that they are generic faces.....  These are college (NCAA) photos, I select only those with a cap and uniform, modify a bit, clean up and resize without any logos or team affiliations shown....  It will take some work to do for PS but if this would be of some interest I will do the set.  I figure the set could be about 4000-5000 photos.....  This is a set that I personally retrieved from the internet and is not a set made by any other member of the OOTP or Puresim community...

Does this sound like something anyone would like to use here?

Nomo Ootp -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 10:13:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

I think the community would love it if you shared them!  If you want me to host them on my site so that more people see them, just let me know.  They look great...

http://web.mac.com/sixwilsons/iWeb/PureSimMods/Main.html

Let me know the size and format requirements and I will send you a zip file with the logos formated for use in PS. The community can grab the logos from the photobucket until I get you this file, if they have the tools to reformat and resize the logos....

Thanks.

PadresFan104 -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 10:49:04 PM)

Logos for Puresim need to be in .gif format, thought the size is really user preference.  I like 80x80, so go with that for now...

XCom -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/28/2006 10:50:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomo Ootp

I was wondering if anyone plays fictional because I have a ton of faces in OOTP format that I would like to use in PS, I would resize them, remove the logos from the hats so that they are generic faces.....  These are college (NCAA) photos, I select only those with a cap and uniform, modify a bit, clean up and resize without any logos or team affiliations shown....  It will take some work to do for PS but if this would be of some interest I will do the set.  I figure the set could be about 4000-5000 photos.....  This is a set that I personally retrieved from the internet and is not a set made by any other member of the OOTP or Puresim community...

Does this sound like something anyone would like to use here?

This is great stuff. I think the community would really enjoy both the logos and the face pack. I would love to be able to randomly assign realistic faces to a fictional league. I'm sure there are many others who would be interested as well. Thanks for offering to share all your hard work!

PadresFan104 -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 1:21:17 AM)

Nomo inspired me to go ahead and create some logos for a new association i am creating. I'll post a preview in the Add-On's forum.

Al

salmon -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 3:03:18 AM)

Nomo,
Nice work. I also prefer to play fictional. Any chance you can make a logo of Mt. Rainier or of a generic mountain?
Would be appreciated.

Salmon  

Nomo Ootp -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 3:18:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: salmon

Nomo,
Nice work. I also prefer to play fictional. Any chance you can make a logo of Mt. Rainier or of a generic mountain?
Would be appreciated.

Salmon  

Actually I have one in my files - I did not create this but I just resized it for you. Is this something you can use... IT is in a circular format, if you prefer something different let me know....

[image]local://upfiles/21274/D5029FEC998C4EDB92A3C14A9778934D.gif[/image]

Nomo Ootp -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 3:24:49 AM)

Another Version.....

[image]local://upfiles/21274/B1EED45879E04727B4C0B9ADCA5FBAFD.gif[/image]

SpharV2 -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 3:34:20 AM)

Since I always play fictional, I love the non-MLB logo and picture sets. I much prefer the fictional teams and players, and there aren't a whole lot of options out there if you don't feel like making your own stuff or modifying something. If you put them out, I'd be quite happy at least. :)

Deltadog -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 3:46:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomo Ootp

I have a ton of faces in OOTP format that I would like to use in PS, I would resize them, remove the logos from the hats so that they are generic faces.....  Does this sound like something anyone would like to use here?

I prefer to use real players, however the game always seems to end up generating some. These show up with no pictures. Face to use in the case of those generated players would be handy. Please share what you have, I am sure many will be glade to use them.

salmon -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 4:17:15 AM)

Nomo,
Thanks for the Mount Rainier logo it looks good.
The more generic faces the better because they provide more variety which is important when someone plays with a large league.
Keep up the good work. You are making a good game even better.

Salmon

DonBraswell -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 5:47:31 AM)

Bring them on. I'm always needing fictional faces.

Roxbury -> RE: How do you play PS??? (6/29/2006 3:24:42 PM)

I play Fictional Leagues mostly. I love the fact I will not have preconceived notions of how I expect "Real" players to perform. I also like the challenge of trying to find those future star players. I think all of these additions to the Puresim community is great and just helps to make the simulation experience that much better. So Nomo, and others keep it coming, I know it is really appreciated. I think Shaun has created a great Baseball Simulation and the more I get involved in this game the more I am finding. I love the animation aspect when you watch and manage your game, it does add to the overall enjoyment. Keep up the great work all of you are doing. The various mods are wonderful.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI