Maps textures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Bradley62 -> Maps textures (6/29/2006 5:29:26 PM)

Can I get these (type) map textures with TOAW III? The following 2 links really look sharp with regard or texturing IMO. Much better than the map screenshots I've seen for TOAW III at Matrix.

older TOAW maps?

and here

Industrial -> RE: Maps textures (6/29/2006 6:03:02 PM)

Those are the original TOAW:CoW graphics, you should have a link in your TOAW III Folder to install these classic graphics

Bradley62 -> RE: Maps textures (6/29/2006 6:45:58 PM)

Is there any gain from using the new maps? Just seems the classic are more aesthetically pleasing

JAMiAM -> RE: Maps textures (6/29/2006 7:00:17 PM)

It's all a matter of aesthetics. Use whichever map textures you wish. In fact, there are several other packages out there being developed by gifted amateurs.

Bradley62 -> RE: Maps textures (6/29/2006 7:07:12 PM)

Thanks much for the reply.

Do all current game downloads have the new patch? Or just get the patch after game download.

r6kunz -> RE: Maps textures (7/11/2006 7:33:43 AM)

I would like to see elevation represented by color shades - say three shades of green or brown. It would not have an effect on game play, only a visual cue for terrain elevation which I think would give more realism to the map.  The hill terrain hexes could be saved for difficult terrain...Any possibilty?
Rob Kunz

golden delicious -> RE: Maps textures (7/11/2006 4:18:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HPT KUNZ

I would like to see elevation represented by color shades - say three shades of green or brown. It would not have an effect on game play, only a visual cue for terrain elevation which I think would give more realism to the map.  The hill terrain hexes could be saved for difficult terrain...Any possibilty?
Rob Kunz

Hills are already used for difficult terrain. I think adding extra graphics to the map which have no effect on gameplay would just clutter things up. It can already be difficult to see important information.

r6kunz -> RE: Maps textures (7/12/2006 6:26:58 AM)

True- hills add difficult terrain. But many countrysides have rolling hills, valleys, and plateaus. TOAW renders these areas as either perfectly flat (and to me rather boring), or rendered with hill tiles which add an unrealistic difficulty to the terrain. I would like to see a subtle shading of elevation.
Rob Kunz

JMass -> RE: Maps textures (7/12/2006 4:33:29 PM)

I'm working on a set of hills and mountainous terrain specific to environment, I hope it will be ready in september after my holidays.

golden delicious -> RE: Maps textures (7/12/2006 5:50:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HPT KUNZ

True- hills add difficult terrain. But many countrysides have rolling hills, valleys, and plateaus. TOAW renders these areas as either perfectly flat (and to me rather boring), or rendered with hill tiles which add an unrealistic difficulty to the terrain. I would like to see a subtle shading of elevation.

Maybe I'm a philistine, but I prefer a clear distinction between functionally different terrain types to an aesthetically pleasing map.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI