Strange Game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

henry296 -> Strange Game (7/1/2006 3:36:59 AM)

In my game, the Reds scored 31 runs vs. the Phillies in 1933 and one pitcher gave up 30 of the runs. They called him up for his major league debut and he got rocked. He gave up 9 in the first and 10 in the second inning. I think at some point he should've been pulled ;)

I don't have the game log, so I don't know how the wind was blowing but the fina score was 31-5 Reds.

Not sure what to make of this as it this is a very rare occurence.

KG Erwin -> RE: Strange Game (7/1/2006 3:45:13 AM)

One for the record books, indeed.  The guy that gave up those 30 runs would be traumatized, wouldn't he? Are you gonna put him on the street, only to mumble to himself for the rest of his life, or send him down to get his stuff together?  Think about it.   Everyone deserves a second chance. 

henry296 -> RE: Strange Game (7/1/2006 4:17:39 AM)

He wasn't my pitcher.  I might pick him so he can play on a winner.

verizon32 -> RE: Strange Game (7/1/2006 4:30:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: henry296

In my game, the Reds scored 31 runs vs. the Phillies in 1933 and one pitcher gave up 30 of the runs. They called him up for his major league debut and he got rocked. He gave up 9 in the first and 10 in the second inning. I think at some point he should've been pulled ;)
I don't have the game log, so I don't know how the wind was blowing but the fina score was 31-5 Reds.
Not sure what to make of this as it this is a very rare occurence.

How did the gm/manager tendencies look like for that team?

henry296 -> RE: Strange Game (7/1/2006 4:32:44 AM)

I didn't check at the time.  Right now it is average hook.

Cantankerous -> RE: Strange Game (7/1/2006 5:21:53 AM)

Maybe the AI manager kept him in the game to see how the guy handled adversity and wanted to see if he could get himself out of a jamb.

[:D]

motnahp -> RE: Strange Game (7/1/2006 7:51:51 AM)

Is he still living? Perhaps the Braves could use him in their bullpen.[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI