Expansion? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

rowech -> Expansion? (7/1/2006 4:51:09 AM)

On the eve of purchasing this game.....is it able to handle expansion? Are there expansion drafts?

Cantankerous -> RE: Expansion? (7/1/2006 5:12:00 AM)

Yes, to both of your questions.  I believe the 1.1 patch added expansion.

Buy it!  Everyone's doing it...  [:)]

rowech -> RE: Expansion? (7/1/2006 6:12:51 AM)

I'm definitely buying.

renojedi -> RE: Expansion? (7/1/2006 6:53:25 AM)

OK, before I comment...buy this game. Enough said on that.

As for expansion, how do you want to use the feature? I ask so you won't be disappointed. You CANNOT control the draft (i.e. make the picks)--you can, however, control the team after the draft is complete. And as the league gets bigger, the options to expand get less desirable. Case in point, when you get to 30 teams (e.g. the current MLB association) the only options are to add 6 or 10 new teams and the league will automatically be reconfigured from two leagues, six divisions to two leagues with four divisions.

A few of us have commented on ways to improve this aspect of expansion so we'll see where that goes. I would like to expand by 1-2 teams from the current format like All Star baseball on the PS2/XBOX allowed you to do. I find it much more fun to take a team of scrubs and see how fast you can make them winners. And it is more fun than just taking KC or PIT because you made all the initial picks and you can have full control of the team (city, name, logo, etc) instead of being stuck in Kansas City, MO (no offense if you live there or love it for some other reason) or being stuck in the AL Central if you simply change the Royal's name. Hopefully, that makes it in there some day.

That being said, if you want to start at the turn of the century and have the game expand from there, I have read that it seems to work fine.

Nomo Ootp -> RE: Expansion? (7/1/2006 9:25:57 PM)

Great, I am starting a fictional league starting in 1886 and am looking at a game that allows expansion and contraction easily.  The included league formats are not a factor for me, I can deal with it......

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI