What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

[Poll]

What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in?

Hockey
  10% (9)
Golf
  5% (5)
Football
  64% (57)
Horse Racing
  9% (8)
Fishing
  5% (5)
Auto Racing
  4% (4)

Total Votes : 88
(last vote on : 1/5/2007 6:00:46 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

puresimmer -> What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/1/2006 8:46:23 PM)

Just an inquiry to gauge interest on other sports in the genre. Baseball will always be my first love, so none of this precludes PureSim!

Oh and I hate Basketball, so I couldn't get inspired enough to write that one, hence the reason it is missing from the poll :)

Nomo Ootp -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/1/2006 9:21:53 PM)

One that I would be interested in ( and almost wrote myself ) would be a GREYHOUND racing game.  The game could be some based on a horse racing engine for the races and betting but an interface for kennels and training would need to be designed....  I think that it would be fun but I am not sure of the number of people interested in the sport.  All the stats for racing can be found at ROSENET2000.net.  Just an Idea...

Sonny -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/1/2006 9:43:41 PM)

What? No soccer? No lacrosse? No curling?

Oh wait. Lacrosse and curling are for the MaxFB forum.[:D]

PadresFan104 -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/1/2006 9:54:36 PM)

Football's been done... I voted for golf!

rowech -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/1/2006 10:02:48 PM)

Football's never been done well though. 

SittingDuck -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/1/2006 11:00:19 PM)

How would you do an auto racing text sim?  I am making the assumption this is a text sim question, though.

KG Erwin -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 1:43:54 AM)

Pro or college football was my choice, BUT, many many years ago, a buddy of mine had a cool horse racing board game (was it an Avalon Hill game? I don't remember) that we had some fun with. It wasn't about breeding a winner, per se, it was more concerned with betting and handicapping, but you somehow controlled the horses you bet on.

That being said -- I'd be interested in a horse racing sim, also. "Triple-Crown Horse Racing" or something like that. The more I think about it, the more interesting it becomes. Hmm...

WYBaugh -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 4:50:27 AM)

One more for Golf!

matt0177 -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 6:10:16 AM)

GOTTA be NCAA and pro football.

Nomo Ootp -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 6:57:46 AM)

I am wondering if you are thinking of WIN, PLACE or SHOW. An Avalon Hill game in the early 70's that had a track, some pawns that went around and you placed bets. A chart would tell you how many clicks your horse went based on his ratings...... was fun but not a whole lot of options...... I truly loved the old AH games....

KG Erwin -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 7:26:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomo Ootp

I am wondering if you are thinking of WIN, PLACE or SHOW. An Avalon Hill game in the early 70's that had a track, some pawns that went around and you placed bets. A chart would tell you how many clicks your horse went based on his ratings...... was fun but not a whole lot of options...... I truly loved the old AH games....

Yes, that 's it. It kept a couple of pre-teen boys interested way back when. Thanks for reminding me. [:)]

tbear2b -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 8:41:37 AM)

I voted for fishing, only because there is a golf simulation coming out later this summer that looks promising, and, apparently unlike others on this board, I already found a really good football (American) management sim in Front Office Football 2004.

puresimmer -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 2:13:43 PM)

Things look about like I expected so far. Of all the above Horse Racing (especially the breeding aspect) is where I would have to do the most research.

As for my own personal interest, believe it or not a fresh water fishing sim, where you could create your own lakes, free fish, participate in online tournaments etc, would be sort of fun. I was fishing crazy as a kid -- I'd ride my bike to local lakes and spend all morning every day in the Summer fishing.

Football would be my second choice and it seems like it would be the best move commercially. I'd love to do a full play designer (like FPS:Football) and at least have an animated X's and O's rendering of the play.

All that said, I'm dreaming unless I find a way to do this full time. Oh well I had the dream with PureSim too and that only took 4 years to become reality [8D]

DandricSturm -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/2/2006 8:57:12 PM)

Since Rugby wasn't an option I voted for Horse Racing but a nice fishing sim would work. Any of the above done to PureSim standards would be a buy for me.

puresimmer -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 4:55:45 AM)

Well next year I guess I'll have to dust off my old copy of FPS:Football and see if I can clone it :)

johneh -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 5:22:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Well next year I guess I'll have to dust off my old copy of FPS:Football and see if I can clone it :)

If you did I think you could finally quit your real job & be a full time sport sim programmer!

rowech -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 5:33:21 AM)

Shaun,

If you did that, made some strides with it, you would be set.  That game was fantastic at the time and probably has the most potential out of everything except Front Office Football. 

puresimmer -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 5:36:34 AM)

No kidding. I was crazy about that game! I must have spent 100 hours reverse-engineering the encryption to do my FPS utilities :)

They should sell that source code and take a royalty. I am convinced there are 50,000+ folks who would buy a solid, updated FPS:Football on the spot.

rowech -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 4:52:29 PM)

I recently even started looking on ebay for copies, debating picking one up but decided it would be very outdated unfortunately. 

SirWolf1960 -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 4:53:53 PM)

I know I would buy an updated v FPS Football. Actually, it was that game (not baseball) where I first used your utilities. Even though baseball is my first love as a sport, when it came to FPS, I got hooked on the football.

My only question is, would Matrix be concerned about offering competing football sims???

Steve

Cringer -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/3/2006 5:17:17 PM)

I voted football, although I would say it would be hard to surpass FOF, IMO. I am a big FOF guy though so take tat for what you will. FPS Football was great, what got me into these games I guess.

I think a college football game would be good. FOF:TCY is a good game, but could be challenged. The second version of it will be nice to see, although I think a new FOF is coming first. Greydog's football games haven't been so hot, so learn what not to do there if you look at doing a football game. I already like your style though, you don't focus too much on interface and extras at the expense of the core of the game, so I don't think you would do that, IMO.

wodin -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/4/2006 1:44:04 AM)

I voted football but I guess you mean American Football?

If so I vote motor racing;)

akcranker -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/4/2006 10:59:31 AM)

Well since basketball is out of the question :( I'm not sure if I would play any out of your list. I don't understand what you could put in a fishing or horse racing game to make it a game...

I guess auto racing out of your list would be my choice

I would like to see a Puresim College Baseball Sim. That would be sweet!!!

Marsh511 -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/4/2006 12:31:26 PM)

Am I the only one anxiously waiting for a HOCKEY sim?  The only other one out there, Eastside Hockey (SI Games), suffers from the same problem as the new OOTP - a little too Euro-oriented for my taste.  I'd like to see a very North American-oriented hockey sim, a little richer on the in-game experience than Eastside.  Actually, a hockey game with the same blend between general management and on-field (ice) play as Puresim would suit me perfectly!

And Shaun...I share the same lack of interest as you relate to basketball.  For me, it's because I can't sink a basket to save my life -- never could, never will.  Growing up, I enjoyed playing any sport in my neighborhood...except when someone would bring out the big round ball, then I'd figure out an excuse to go home.  Weird, but true!

Marshall

cdvalenta -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/4/2006 5:07:06 PM)

Definitely football...

There are some great sims out there for one season but if someone needs to take the next step and do multiple seasons and careers.

mossicon -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/4/2006 7:52:25 PM)

we need a game that recaptures the sheer enjoyment of FOF2. that series is still good, but it needs something to challenge it, to get it to really pull the stops out.

Captainfirst -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/9/2006 9:46:13 AM)

Just my 2 cents- you can simulate the management aspect of football quite well in Action! if you join a league that has draft teams- some leagues have as many as 28-30 teams, all with human GMs you have to compete against. I'm a big racing fan and would love to see something done with Nascar or Indy-cars. All the racing games out there are arcade ones and if you don't drop $50-$100 on a good steering wheel, you're wasting your time.

I started work on a board game for racing some time ago, maybe I need to get back on that (yeah, right-
if you check out my homepage, you'll see I have too much stuff going on already *grin*)

Nukester -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/9/2006 8:04:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

How would you do an auto racing text sim?  I am making the assumption this is a text sim question, though.

The play by play would be something like this:

Gordon is racing around the track to his left, wheel tured slightly inward
Gordon is still going to the left
Only 294 more laps to go

[:D]

Tanaka -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/9/2006 9:08:19 PM)

Football with an emphasis on college football!

rmayer32 -> RE: What sports management sim (like PureSim) would you be most interested in? (7/10/2006 10:25:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

No kidding. I was crazy about that game! I must have spent 100 hours reverse-engineering the encryption to do my FPS utilities :)

They should sell that source code and take a royalty. I am convinced there are 50,000+ folks who would buy a solid, updated FPS:Football on the spot.

The second it was released.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI