Frustrating Error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

TabletopSports -> Frustrating Error (7/2/2006 9:46:59 PM)

I've downloaded the latest beta patch, the Jet package from Microsoft, and the latest security updates for explorer.

Everytime I simulate a week, month, or full season, it will simulate a days worth of games, and then report the following error. "Assertion Failed: CAutoPlayer::simOneGame error in CAutoPlayer::SimOneGame - Syntax error in date query expression '#01.04.1970#'.

I can play out a game in manage mode. But, anytime I simulate I get this error, regardless of the season I attempt to simulate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

puresimmer -> RE: Frustrating Error (7/2/2006 10:18:32 PM)

Is your date separator in windows set to a "."?

Are you running a US version of Windows or a different locale? Thanks for the report.

TabletopSports -> RE: Frustrating Error (7/2/2006 10:35:32 PM)

Yes, my date was separated by a "."

I've switched this to "/" and just simmed one week without an error. Hopefully, that does the trick.

Thanks for the prompt message.

puresimmer -> RE: Frustrating Error (7/2/2006 10:49:54 PM)

Jeff,

I've also just fixed the issue for the next patch so you'll be able to go back to your preferred settings. Sorry for the trouble.

TabletopSports -> RE: Frustrating Error (7/3/2006 4:57:48 PM)

Thanks for your help!

I honestly didn't know that I had set my preferences for the date to be separated by a period. So, switching wasn't a big deal to me.

I am glad to get the simulation part working though! The frustration mentioned in the title wasn't really with the software as much as my inability to figure out the issue [:)]

PureSim has come a LONG way since the early version I tried out a few years ago when I owned Operationsports.com. You have much to be proud of with this game as it's fantastic. This game gets all of the details down, where other career type baseball games fail.

Outstanding work!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI