Expansion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

dlockz -> Expansion (7/4/2006 9:42:21 PM)

If you want to start a sim in 1900 and play until like 19080 so there is a league history, will the computer expand on its own if boxes are checked. I had a sim all the way to 1950 that did not expand once thats why I ask.

puresimmer -> RE: Expansion (7/5/2006 2:34:24 PM)

The game will not expand automatically, it requires the player to execute the expansion during the off season.

Its something I'd like to look into for future versions though...

Claymore Cut -> RE: Expansion (7/5/2006 8:20:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

The game will not expand automatically, it requires the player to execute the expansion during the off season.

Its something I'd like to look into for future versions though...

I like the fact that I get to choose when the league expands. If automatic expansion is included, please make it an expansion option, i.e. let the current system stay in tact as well.

gekko485 -> RE: Expansion (7/5/2006 9:51:58 PM)

How do you "execute" the expansion?

Claymore Cut -> RE: Expansion (7/5/2006 10:07:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gekko485

How do you "execute" the expansion?

The enable expansion box must be checked. After each season ends, if the box is checks, the computer will ask "Do you wish to Expand the Association at this Time?" Click yes.

rasnell -> RE: Expansion (7/6/2006 2:33:06 AM)

I've got a related question. When running a historical sim, do you get the real team choices to select once you hit the actual expansion year? Or does it create a fictional city and team and NOT import from the Lahman database?

Just interested in more details of how to have a historical sim and continue from the 70s to current time with historical expansion.

rwd59 -> RE: Expansion (7/6/2006 5:28:22 AM)

It will let you expand when needed. I just added the Blue Jays and Mariners to my 1969 League. You have to do some moving around to get the teams in the right spot. It wanted to add the teams to the NL West. It moved 2 west teams to the east.When I moved the teams back where they should have been it switched the expansion teams to the AL. A little more moving and they were in place. I also found out that the teams import when you start an association with the Region that the team is in today as opposed to what it was in the import year. For example in my 1969 league it has the Washington Senators in the game but they were assigned the Dallas-Fort Worth Region. The Seattle Pilots were assigned the Milwaukee-Racine region. All I had to do was change the name of the teams when they actually moved and then was able to assign the Seattle region to the mariners when they came into the league.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI