Editing Lahman (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

BauerPower -> Editing Lahman (7/5/2006 8:03:04 AM)

The way I solved the "Babe Ruth imported as a pitcher" problem in other games was to edit Lahman by taking out Ruth's pitching record in the database. I tried that with Puresim's version and it is "read-only" in Access. Does this mean I'm SOL? I don't want to input him manually as this forces me to come up with my own ratings and I want the game to determine his ratings.

Claymore Cut -> RE: Editing Lahman (7/5/2006 8:15:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BauerPower

The way I solved the "Babe Ruth imported as a pitcher" problem in other games was to edit Lahman by taking out Ruth's pitching record in the database. I tried that with Puresim's version and it is "read-only" in Access. Does this mean I'm SOL? I don't want to input him manually as this forces me to come up with my own ratings and I want the game to determine his ratings.

When you import him, you should be able to then force retire him. I'm not sure if you can edit the lahman DB or not though.

BauerPower -> RE: Editing Lahman (7/5/2006 8:21:42 AM)

So if I force retire him in 1914 (I think that's the year he shows up as a pitcher), does he then appear automatically as a hitter around 1919?

Claymore Cut -> RE: Editing Lahman (7/5/2006 8:34:49 AM)

As far as I know sure, he should come back in as a rookie each year until you choose not to retire him. As a matter of fact, you could draft him as a pitcher, retire him around 1918, then re-introduce him as a hitter the next year (to simulate RL).

motnahp -> RE: Editing Lahman (7/5/2006 11:07:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BauerPower

Here's a work-around for this situation:

Create a separate, new, Quick Association. Use the minimum of 4 teams and the entire assn. will be "ready" in a couple minutes. In this new assn., import Babe Ruth the hitter, using Lahman. Open up his card and write down all of his ratings. Go back to your original assn., create a batter, and use Ruth's name and the stats you've written down. You can easily delete the other association when you're done.

I use this method whenever the AI retires a player before he actually retired in real life. It only takes about 5 minutes per player.

puresimmer -> RE: Editing Lahman (7/5/2006 2:38:39 PM)

At this time PureSim does not support editing it's copy of the Lahman data. There are a number of additional tables and structures that have been added to it specifically for PureSim.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI