How to use Air unit effectively ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room

fei_hung -> How to use Air unit effectively ? (7/7/2006 6:28:27 PM)

Hi guys

After going through some game basic , now I wish to learn how to use Air Units effectively

Thanks

Uncle_Joe -> RE: How to use Air unit effectively ? (7/7/2006 7:43:13 PM)

Put it on Interdiction (or Air Superiority if thats the unit's forte). Ground Support is very marginal at this point. Ordering strikes is worthless (and a complete waste of aircraft with the current build).

Whether this fits your view of what airpower is capable of is completely up to you, but thats the way it stands now (in all 'standard' scenarios...if you are playing one that has massive Air Shock levels, then you can pretty much use them for anything but you'll get far greater results through Interdiction).

Industrial -> RE: How to use Air unit effectively ? (7/7/2006 9:09:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fei_hung

Hi guys

After going through some game basic , now I wish to learn how to use Air Units effectively

Thanks

Whats your next question:" I wisth to learn how to condut ground combat effectively?" [:D]
Seriously, what you are asking for could take a few pages of densly written text, and still leave out many aspects of the game.

For starters, air power behaves different in each scenario, it all depends on whether you have air superiority, the size of the map, the year of the sceanrio, your equipment quality vs your opponents equipment, unit proficiency, possibly air shock etc.

The best is really to simply start experimenting a pit, fire up a hotseat game and sim,ply try out the different effects you achive with your air-force on different missions and in different scenarios.

And dont fall for simple answers such as "always prefer interdiction over Combat Support", as it's certainly not that easy. On small maps with high air superiority (Normandy landings) Interdiction will be indeed a valuable tool, in a Barbarossa scenario you will be far better of with combat support, bridge blowing,, naval attacks and air superiority.

Learning by doing [8D]

Dr. Foo -> RE: How to use Air unit effectively ? (7/7/2006 9:20:25 PM)

I would also suggest that you get to know the role of each air unit. Knowing not to put an A-10 on Air Superiority and why is critical.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI