Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

rwd59 -> Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 6:06:36 AM)

Looked at the people in the forum and whoa1 there you were. Still use your DB for OOTP 6.5. The new version....jury is still out on that for me. I'll try the demo one more time when they get it back up and running. It has taken away the way I always have played though, so I need to see some big changes /improvements in the demo or I guess it will be my first OOTPless year. How you like Puresim so far. It has made great strides in the past couple of years.

Ankit -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 5:02:06 PM)

rwd59, glad to see you over here as well. I paid for OOTP 2006 and don't think its worth it. The "fun" is not there anymore. It feels more like work. I think there are too many customization options, too many "features" which has led the important ones be underdeveloped, and a poor GUI.

PS is good and has gotten much better but still has ways to go. I wish Shaun came up with a utility to edit the XML files, that would make things much better as people like me would be able to make custom XML files for historical seasons/eras, different fictional worlds, etc... Also, I would like to see if Shaun can make online leagues more feasable, right now the file sizes are too big. Overall, the game is definitely more fun.

Lastly, I am beginning to work on a new DB for PureSim, so hopefully, that will make historicals more fun.

sposfan -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 6:07:48 PM)

ankit,

Welcome to puresim!

the xml fire IS already editable. All you have to do is open it with notepad and voila! I have a funny feeling though you mean a utility to edit it more easily, since now it's a bit of trial and error.

Don;t forget to back up the original first though!

Nukester -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 7:46:43 PM)

How are you developing a database ? I asked a few questions about this earlier and my questions never got answered, but in a different thread Shaun stated that the database is not editable for use with the game

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

At this time PureSim does not support editing it's copy of the Lahman data. There are a number of additional tables and structures that have been added to it specifically for PureSim.

Claymore Cut -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 7:49:04 PM)

Whoot Ankit!!!

Great to have you hear, feel free to shoot any questions you got over the board. You might also want to email Shaun about the DB.

Ankit -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 8:34:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukester

How are you developing a database ? I asked a few questions about this earlier and my questions never got answered, but in a different thread Shaun stated that the database is not editable for use with the game

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

At this time PureSim does not support editing it's copy of the Lahman data. There are a number of additional tables and structures that have been added to it specifically for PureSim.

Just make a copy of the original DB and keep it outside of the main folder. Then, open the main DB and don't delete any tables or queries that Shaun has queries, you can change the data within the original tables (Batting, Fielding, Pitching, FieldingOF, etc.) though.

Nukester -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/8/2006 9:12:37 PM)

Ah, thats cool. However, after patching to 1.18, the only things I see in the database are:

CloserUsage
CreateToastMod
NormalizeBatters
PureSimBatters
PureSimBattingTeam
PureSimFlag
PureSimPitchers
PureSimPitchingTeam

and in none of them can I find anything like debut year. Am I missing something ?

Ankit -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/9/2006 4:04:13 PM)

Those are queries, look at the tables.

Nukester -> RE: Ankit-Nice to see you around here! (7/10/2006 2:19:18 AM)

Duh [:D]

I was just opening the database and not looking to see that they were queries. Thanks man, and good to see ya

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI