Italian East Africa scenario AI not working ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

KarlXII -> Italian East Africa scenario AI not working ? (7/9/2006 12:34:57 AM)

I have just tried my first scenario in this game and I choose "Italian East Africa 1941" and played the Italians.

The first 3-4 turns the Allied computer attacks me on the ground but after that he stops the offensive and just entreches himself. The rest of the scenario I just press the "end turn button" all the time and in the end I get an overwhelming victory.

Must the individual scenario designers program the AI on either side to work properly ? I know that in the scenario briefing the say it is a perfect Commonwealth human player against Italian computer scenario but shouldn´t the AI work if I play the Italians ?

I first tried with the AI setting at Weak and thought it all was because of this but I then replayed it at Moderate and it was even more passive at this setting.

Anyone having a good explanation for this ?

Thank you in advance!

Nemo69 -> RE: Italian East Africa scenario AI not working ? (7/9/2006 12:46:23 AM)

As you've noted, the scenario briefing clearly states that it's been designed to be played PBEM or against an Italian PO.

The Allied Programmed Opponent hasn't been, well... programmed. Hence its poor performance.

To answer your question more to the point, yes, designers have to program the AI for each side individually. If the PO is not implemented for the side you've chosen as Programmed Opponent, it'll perform very poorly, whatever the AI setting you can choose.

Hope it helps.

KarlXII -> RE: Italian East Africa scenario AI not working ? (7/9/2006 12:55:07 AM)

Thanks! Then it was not a bug but by design. I will follow the guidelines strictly in the scenario briefings from now on. I might think that it should have been stated that playing against a Commonwealth computer opponent is not an option.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI