Using Historical players with fictional... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

Nomo Ootp -> Using Historical players with fictional... (7/9/2006 11:36:00 PM)

I have a fictional association started with the 1901 season, 24 teams - the cities of the teams that played in the 1890's and the 1900's with a few cities from the FL that were not on the list. I simmed a couple of years and decided that I wanted to bring 10 players every so often onto the draft that were actual players. I am using Bill James winshares book and simply taking the top 10 players and going down the list..... now here is the problem....I have financials on. All the players including the star players are making no more than $28,000 a year but when I import a player his salary is through the roof. Example - Willie Mays came in at $115K, Ruth $94K, Wagner (who imported poorly by the way) $54K and he was the lowest....... I know at the 1% that the salaries are not out of line but they are out of line with the salaries created for the league in 1901....

How do I import Historical players onto the FA list and keep their salaries similar to league stars???.....most of my teams have no more than 1.4M for their 35 man roster.

BTW, I went back to my backup and restarted the association from the initial draft with the historical players added and the CPU controlled teams passed on Ruth, Aaron, Mays, Wagner, Young, Musial and Mantle. The only players selected in the first round by the CPU teams were Cobb, Speaker and Collins. It was a bit funny because these were the players that played closes to the era......uhm.... I grabbed Mays in the first and Ruth in the Second round. Now I gotta go cheap because I have Milwaukee and they are pretty much at the bottom of the pack financially speaking......

Suggestion anyone??????

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI