JSIGINT -What's the point? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

treespider -> JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 6:18:45 AM)

As an example from my last turn with ADavidB -

SIG INT REPORT FOR 03/27/42

Radio transmissions detected at Iman.
Radio transmissions detected at Kaigan.
Radio transmissions detected at Shanghai.
Radio transmissions detected at Nome.

Ok something is going on in Alaska guess I should start reinforcing the Kuril's... but ...Radio Transmissons at Shanghai and Kaigan????[&:]

Has anyone made successful use of JSIGINT in their games?

Knavey -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 6:27:31 AM)

Reading a book called Combined Fleet Decoded by John Prados right now and although deal more with US intel during the Pacific War, it does talk about the Japanese efforts (or lack of) in the area.  You are probably getting just about what they got in terms of useful information. 

It is amazing how the Japanese never really put significant effort or resources into intel operations.  Another good (although tedious at times) is The Shadow Warriors of Nakano by Stephen Mercado.  It is a history of the IJA's Intelligence School.

treespider -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 6:36:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavey

Reading a book called Combined Fleet Decoded by John Prados right now and although deal more with US intel during the Pacific War, it does talk about the Japanese efforts (or lack of) in the area.  You are probably getting just about what they got in terms of useful information. 

It is amazing how the Japanese never really put significant effort or resources into intel operations.  Another good (although tedious at times) is The Shadow Warriors of Nakano by Stephen Mercado.  It is a history of the IJA's Intelligence School.

I'm not really upset that all I am receiving is a message of a radio transmission...what I think is funny are the reports of activty in Shanghai and Kaigun.

Nomad -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 7:11:34 AM)

Maybe that is the Chinese partisans using the radio? [:D]

Tanaka -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 7:28:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knavey

I'm not really upset that all I am receiving is a message of a radio transmission...what I think is funny are the reports of activty in Shanghai and Kaigun.

This is a bug that has never been fixed...

saj42 -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 11:43:22 AM)

Perhaps its US Subs operating outside your ports

Sneer -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 11:49:49 AM)

no - you often gets info about radio from your own bases
but sometimes you intercept messages from enemy TFs at sea ( if you have unit in the area ) I hunted 2-3 convoys with KB due to inteligence

but it is true - for most of time it is lost time to see at it

Speedysteve -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 12:27:02 PM)

End of the day you can receive radio transmissions from any base. Have received them several times from Tokyo. I find it re-assuring that whilst i'm away fighting the war the Citizens are still using radios in Tokyo[;)]

fabertong -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 1:19:29 PM)

In answer to the origional question..........none at all.

castor troy -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 2:20:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fabertong

In answer to the origional question..........none at all.

[:D][sm=00000619.gif]

herwin -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 3:29:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

As an example from my last turn with ADavidB -

SIG INT REPORT FOR 03/27/42

Radio transmissions detected at Iman.
Radio transmissions detected at Kaigan.
Radio transmissions detected at Shanghai.
Radio transmissions detected at Nome.

Ok something is going on in Alaska guess I should start reinforcing the Kuril's... but ...Radio Transmissons at Shanghai and Kaigan????[&:]

Has anyone made successful use of JSIGINT in their games?

This is known as operational security (OPSEC). Good intelligence organisations monitor their own emissions.

RevRick -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 4:40:28 PM)

To be polite.... nonsense...... Pay attention to those signals, and their locations and dates. Specially if you have Bodhi's utility. A signal in the middle of your sea area which persists, particularly when you are getting reconned by a Glen, and you know you have no ships there merits an investigation by an ASW task force, or a reinforcment of ASW air patrols nearby, or both.

Lots of signals from main bases can be ignored, but, when said signals begin to move, someone is breaking radio security. If it's not yours, who is it, and where are they moving? PBY nearby?

Keep track of ramdom signals at sea and locations from sea areas within enemy territory. When you see a pattern of locations connect the dots, and send a sub, or four or five to those areas - specially if they are inline with known bases, or known sea lane choke points. You might collect the odd tanker or two away from concentrated enemy ASW air patrols.

And every once in a while, someone cracks the code and you get "44th Div. planning attack on........", or "South Seas planning attack on......."

fabertong -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 4:57:54 PM)

Rev....as Jap siginit.....I seem only to get

Radio Trans. from SF, PH, Vancouver, Kurachi, the White House, 10 Downing Street............

Speedysteve -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 5:20:29 PM)

Correct fish breath as Japanese you will ONLY ever get radio intercepts from Timbuktu etc

fabertong -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 5:26:01 PM)

That was my point to the good Reverand......this is a Jap siginit Thread...........so you'll never get any Planning for stuff..........

fabertong -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 5:26:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Correct fish breath as Japanese you will ONLY ever get radio intercepts from Timbuktu etc

BTW....I have minty fresh breath........

String -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 5:35:51 PM)

Hm, Japanese Sigint once showed me where the new allied convoy lines were after i had taken Canton island. Result: around 40 AK's and TK's sunk + a few destroyers

Speedysteve -> RE: JSIGINT -What's the point? (7/10/2006 5:41:20 PM)

By a radio intercept though yeah?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI