TCP/IP mode (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

PR^Spanjab -> TCP/IP mode (7/22/2000 8:00:00 PM)

I've asked this question a couple of times and if it has been answered and I missed it then I'm sorry, this board is SOOOOOO busy! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I'll get it to mail me if I get a reply this time! The TCP/IP version which I am looking forward to a great deal, do we know how it will cope should 1 or more people get disconnected from the net or timed out etc? Cheers! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Paul Vebber -> (7/22/2000 9:21:00 PM)

Two choices - a message appears saying a person has been lost. You can either stop at that point and start over at the end of the last turn, or let the AI take over his side (which it will do if you ignore the message and keep playing) and then save at the end of the turn and start again from there. I'm not fuly confident in the ability to save the game mid stream and start it back up again. I think if the save file is sent to all teh players it will work, but worst case is you either fall back to teh start of teh last turn, or move ahead with the AI filling in to the next turn.

PR^Spanjab -> (7/22/2000 9:56:00 PM)

Cheers Paul, that sounds OK as long as the play lost is 1 turn at the most it's fine. Will the game be saved between each players turn or at the end of a full turn for each player? Is there no way the other players could wait for the player to reconnect to the internet, maybe by an alt-tab out before resuming the TCP/IP protocol? I think that's probably more trouble than it's worth and if you can continue from just 1 turn back then that'll be awesome! The main reason I am asking is that in the UK right now most ISP's offer free phone calls but have a two hour cutoff. I suppose I could get a stopwatch and at the end of a turn prior to me getting cut off I could stop and reconnect? Cheers, keep it up! Spanjab

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI