Puresim Gameplay Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

rpommier -> Puresim Gameplay Questions (7/15/2006 5:50:41 AM)

First off Puresim is a great game, its come a long way since I played the 2001 version (I think that's when I first played). I've tried a couple of games, OOTP, BB Mogul and Dynasty League and can say the Puresim is the best. I like the interface, ease of use and presentation.

Anyhow, I have a question about roster sizes. I started with the 35 man roster from the menu and think I may have messed up using that setting, I hardly have no minor league. What do I do at the end of the year for players or a draft? My minor leaguers are very poor, what do I do with them?

The other question I have is about the play results. I've read things about the advantages of dice based games like Strat-O-Matic and APBA. Where do games like PureSim get there results from? How can I be confident in the outcome of at bats? At least with dice I would feel some control and see why I get certain results.

I'm on my second day of ownership and feel I made a good purchase, I just want to know how other feel about PureSim.

vr,
Rod

Abev -> RE: Puresim Gameplay Questions (7/15/2006 6:25:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rpommier

First off Puresim is a great game, its come a long way since I played the 2001 version (I think that's when I first played). I've tried a couple of games, OOTP, BB Mogul and Dynasty League and can say the Puresim is the best. I like the interface, ease of use and presentation.

Anyhow, I have a question about roster sizes. I started with the 35 man roster from the menu and think I may have messed up using that setting, I hardly have no minor league. What do I do at the end of the year for players or a draft? My minor leaguers are very poor, what do I do with them?

The other question I have is about the play results. I've read things about the advantages of dice based games like Strat-O-Matic and APBA. Where do games like PureSim get there results from? How can I be confident in the outcome of at bats? At least with dice I would feel some control and see why I get certain results.

I'm on my second day of ownership and feel I made a good purchase, I just want to know how other feel about PureSim.

vr,
Rod

Start a new association with more players. I dont think theres a way to increase the roster size.

As for using dice roll, PS uses that to determine outcomes based on ratings and internal hidden data. Play a few seasons and you'll find comfort in the way PS plays.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI